1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10g Bare Bottom Fry Tank Equipment Assistance-writerscott

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 am
    Most of those airpumps I've never heard of. -->Used Whisper in the past and Currently Uses Rena Air.

HINT: If you want to run airstones to various tanks from just one airpump I would run splitters or a multi-outlet gang valve and run your tubing from them --and right into the setups. Don't forget to put check valve/valves on your airpump to prevent back siphoning! AND if you plan on using 1 airpump for multiple setups then you want the higher model that covers the larger tank (for more power to aerate multiple small airstones).

7.5 watt 2-1/4" x 5" up to 5 gallons (for the 3 gallon)
    15 watt 2-5/8" x 5-1/8" up to 10 gallons (for the 6-12 gallon)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 am
    thanks, for the air pumps I was looking at a two outlet one. I was thinking of picking up one or two of them that where 2 outlet.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:17 am
    Thats another option (2 of the two outlet ones)
    Or 1 powerhouse running into a gang valve...and from the gang valve outlets directly to various tanks.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 am
    I like both Ideas, I am going to need a air line for my 3 gallon tanks I going to put my bettas in, so I could gang value one outlet to run them and a brine shrimp hatchery may be.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am
    Yup, defin can do. I like the brass gang valves (last forever).
    I'd recommend a 5 way valve.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:10 pm
    I got a plastic because i couldn't find a brass gang value. I have great news, I got my ten gallon tank final clean and now I'm checking for leaks, if no leaks I going to spray it out and fill it up, I going to put a weak airtion in it to keep some of the water moving until my sponge filter get here Friday, Saturday, or Monday. I hope Friday so I can stay after school Monday.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:04 pm
    my fry tank
    I'm happy with, I got my fry tank up and running, I and the sponge filter. I also move one of my females over to the tank.

I also don't think I stressed her to much seeing how she is eating. I feed her some micro worms to be more appealing then flakes.

7. deerhunter

deerhunter New Member

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:54 pm
    I learned the hard why,my fish had fried eggs for breakfast once