1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125 gallon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Feedback is much appreciated. Sorry for the flash glare.

You can see more pictures of the fish in the fish photography section.
    125left.jpg 125middle.jpg 125right.jpg 125full.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow! that is really nice :)
    How many times of rearranging did it take you to get to the point of where your at?
    I know myself, being a perfectionist...it took me days of rearranging to get things exactly evened out & where I wanted them. Heck, who am I kidding..I still find myself rearranging this or that at times. :)

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks really good Nelson.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks buds, like you, I rearrange weekly, I wish that you could see the tank in reality, these pics dont show the angles and hides the wood really creates.

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The only thing I would do is add brighter lights.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Please god tell me what to add! I have two 48" flourescent hoods and 2 24" hoods. All running 10000K or 18000K bulbs. Keep in mind that the camera is making the tank look darker than what it really is.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Humm, that seems like it should light up the tank pretty well. What's it look like if you take a picture with the flash off ?

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hold on and ill bang one out.

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

looks the same, Im guessing its the camera setting or something. Its bright, but I would like it to be brighter. I just dont wanna buy 4 36" t5 hoods, well lemme rephrase that, I WANT to buy them just my wallet says no lol.

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, I was just about to suggest T5's.

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, Im going to have to add those, or either build a canopy with custom lights or whatever you put in there lol.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

LoL yep. I don't like dark tanks. I like being able to see everything in there.

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah me either, I could never do a blackwater tank as I expect my water to be crystal clear and well lit.

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I have the aqualight freshwater series...talk about bright..this thing can light up the entire room in itself. It has FOUR 65 watt 6700K compact fluorescent lamps and for night I have 6 linked Current USA Lunars in Blue Moon color.

A bit about my light>The Coralife Freshwater Aqualight 48 inch Single Linear Strip Compact Fluorescent Fixture is for freshwater aquariums.

Dimensions: 48" X 7.25" X 2.5" without mounting leg
    Four 65 watt 6700K compact fluorescent lamps

Easily removable acrylic lens cover
    Highly polished reflector
    Does not include the Clear Mounting Legs for Coralife Aqualight Fixtures
    I scored mine for a really good deal, but now they are running about $239.99 & can be seen here for that price & this site offers free shipping for it: http://www.marineandreef.com/Freshwater_Aqualight_4X65_Watt_48_inch_Coralife_p/res53116.htm

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

How long is the tank that its on?

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

It's on my 90g; its 4 & 1/2 feet long.

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

do you think it would light a 72" tank, or would another 24" fisture be needed, in your opinion of course.

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

In my opinion I think it would..it's really bright. You can check my pictures in the planted forum listed 90g . It will show you my tank with this particular light on top of it>>with the light on of course using NO flash...if you browse around for some of my photos all the pictures were taken without a flash, and the tank light was the only light on in the room at the time with all blinds closed (so no external light either). Hopefully that will help you judge.
    If theirs anything I can do to help, let me know? Camera is handy.

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

You could always call their customer service and see what their return policy is on the fixture since they are shipping for free, maybe you can give it a test run with the security of knowing you can return it IF it doesn't work for you?
    Here's the contact info I got from their site (copy and paste of course):
    PHONE: We can be reached M-F 8AM-4PM (Mountain Time--Note: we do not have daylight savings time in Arizona) at toll free 877.878.9349. For the best possible customer service, please identify yourself as a Marineandreef.com customer so the customer service representative can look at the same Web site you're looking at (we have four retail Web sites, but only one phone number).

20. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I like your tank uncwnells.....

I know these 72" tanks who many different arrangements you can do. I find myself moving the tank and plants around about 1 time a week as well. I am still looking for that "right look"

I myself kind of like the dark tanks and kind of dont. Because of the discus and keeping my water "blackwater" My tank is rather dim. But I am going to try 4 - 4foot 32watt t-8's (2 sun 6500, and 2 full spectrum 5000) I am going to disassemble my existing light fixture (2 - 3 foot t-8s/t-12s) and try to put it into the hood also with red tinted bulbs (sunrise/sunset). And I am going to get those moonlights (probobly not right away) and put all of these on a 3 way timer.

I dont know if that would add more light to my tank but hey it is worth a shot!