1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125 Planted Discus Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by LemonDiscus, Jan 31, 2009.

1. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

I know that feeling Once apon a time there were 12 tanks in my 2 bedroom apartment but it was just me and a girlfriend then

Rick

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Still like the mixture of them, but a fish room seperating them would be sweet too.
    the reds will always have a home waiting for them here. Lmdao!

3. angelLuver

angelLuver New Member

lemon?!! the stealing of the discus (and tank ) was all DAWN'S idea !!!! hehehehe ~*~*~*~*~*~ fixing my halo ~*~*~*~*~*~

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

:)

5. LemonDiscus

A small change on this tank I made last night.... I noticed that a few of the fish did not want to go ANYWHERE in front of my 2 HOB filters.... so... I shut down the Emperor and the Penguin...

The whole tank is running on minimum filtration now (I am trying to get my female Heckel which is one that would not get in the current to go and try to pair up)

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Huh? *Hides her horns* ...I wasn't going to "steal" them..I was just going to "borrow" them indefinately ;)

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

what about a prefilter over them? that way you can still have the filter and gain bb on the prefilter sponges also :confused:

8. LemonDiscus

Its the outflow that bothers them. They will be ok how I have it... periodically I will fire the filters back up. I am planning on setting them on a timer for a few hours overnight everyday.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I was always under the impression to never put filters on a timer...something about the motors not being able to handle it?

I understand what your saying out the outflow (the ac110 has alot -even on the lowest setting...and produces alot of bubbles too compared to the emperor 400)...I think we need a splash diffuser==something like a sponge the sits at the end/or on the end of the lip to help break the water so to speak.

Gosh I hope that makes sense!

10. LemonDiscus

That DOES make sense.... something to think about....

11. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

more pics :D:D:D:D:D love ur discus dude

12. LemonDiscus

This tank is almost bare now. I have hardly ANY livestock in it anymore due to the breeders, the deaths, moving fish around and SO many other things along the way.

I am working to get these 2 pairs to breed and sell some of their babies for a good price (like 6 for $80-$100) so people who buy them have what they need in one purchase.

Also at some point I MAY sell every discus I have currently to purchase my new stock. Again all sales will go up on here before anywhere else.

Here is my 125 now :confused:

I like the aquascape but NOT the stocking.....
    19.jpg

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

(moves the triangle shaped stone in her head to the far right corner and feels the need to want on for the left too) Lol!

I like the more centered look of the tank..reminds me of mine with the focal point being moreso the center of the tank.

14. aznfire888

aznfire888 New Member

is the triangle shaped rock an attempt to get the discus in this tank to spawn on it? [laughing]

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

they'd be happy spawning on it if it was in the left corner.
    *hint hint*

16. LemonDiscus

Yes. Otherwise I would not even have the rock in the tank....

17. LemonDiscus

Actually its on the right side because that is where the what I think is a female stays... Catering to the fish and not my preference. If it were up to me like I said that hideous rock would not be in the tank! :)

18. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

i think the tank looks really good lemon....even the rock. lol

19. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

as always, your tank looks awesome :D

20. kwheeler91

kwheeler91 New Member

i did the whole "diffuser" thing i guess you would call it when i was running an ac70 on a 10 gallon. i used some plastic plants to slow down the flow then, but now its on my 55 planted and i just wedged a couple of those sponges under the lid where the outflow lip is. never tried it with my 110 though... not sure it would really make a differnce since they create a mini waterfall