1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125 Planted Discus Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by LemonDiscus, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Re: 125 Planted Disucs Tank

wow! that is very beautiful. they look so happy.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks Leslie!

I am still waiting for my chain swords front and center to grow out more... That actually is one reason I opened up the middle is they started filling in the small area they had... It is hard to believe a few months ago I only had about 5 of those plants... I actually thought I was going to loose them all, then they started duplicating like crazy!!

3. Leslie

Leslie New Member

it looks just like youd think the botttom of a lake or something would look like. it is just beautiful!

4. LemonDiscus

The wife and I spent the past few days over at my friends house...

When I got back I found my sickly blue turquoise in the tank dead..... I knew it was going to happen as she had a BAD case of fin-rot I could not fix.... was not eating well and was thin as paper and always stressed... She was also REALLY stunted and was the bullied "runt" of the tank even though she was not the smallest.

I am shocked still that she lasted as long as she did... I think I said a month or 2 ago I did not expect her to live... For some reason I have such a hard time keeping Female Discus :confused:

5. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

Wow Lemon the tank looks really nice.

6. LemonDiscus

Now is stocked with the following Discus:

6 Wild Heckels
    1 Mayan Jade
    1 Brown Domestic

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

My next tank will defin. be a Discus Tank...I'm inspired by Ryans fishys! Lol!

8. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

tank and fish looks great...job well done.

9. LemonDiscus

Thank you Dawn and Buzz... the red ones are gone from this tank... I got to get an updated photo of the tank with the natural discus in the tank and the domesticated red ones not there...

The reds are now in the 55 gallon tank to themselves...

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Betcha their loving the upgrade!

11. LemonDiscus

Those 4 in the 55... yeah they seem happy again to be in the 125 again and they look SO much better in it (it has been a while since I have been home to watch them) and the 5 red ones in the 55... well I dont think they know whats going on...

The reason I did it was feeding... It was A PAIN to feed with the Heckels split up between 2 tanks... all the reds would eat dry food... and the Heckels ONLY eat frozen and dont compete well with the domestics...

I still have 2 domestics in the 125 but they blend well with the wilds... there is no bright colors in the tank... the "show fish" in the 125 is that Mayan Jade.... Now I feed frozen ONLY to the 125 and dry food to the 55... saves me a trip from the freezer upstairs... lol

12. LemonDiscus

Here is the latest picture of my 125... I still have to clean my Emporer Filter (the one in the middle) but I wont do that for another week as I just cleaned my Canister Filter last night and replaced the media...

Also I have not really finished aquascaping this tank after pulling the Stargrass... still trying to figure out where I want the driftwood as there are a few pieces I want to move and some I like where they are... Too many ideas!

Also dont mind the tank and the algae... it is due soon for another MAJOR cleaning to push the algae population back again... I really did not do much cleaning yesterday when I changed the water, vacuumed the sand and pulled out the Stargrass (the stargrass I took out filled a 5 gallon bucket! lmao)

13. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

thats so nice, your good at aquascaping :D i want you to do mine now lol nice discus few neons too they looks good, generally nice healthy looking plants and fish nice clear water! Well done! :D

14. LemonDiscus

My water is NOT clear... :) It looks like tea... but I dont really have any debris floating thanks to my Magnum 350. And there is not a whole lot of Aquascaping on this tank after pulling the plants.... still have more work to do... just too lazy right now.. :confused:

Thanks!

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Hey Lemon, could you repost your photo please ? It seems as though the server change today caused a few photos to go poof.

16. LemonDiscus

Sure.. lol

Here it is again... :)
    125-July.jpg

17. LemonDiscus

Actually looking over my older pictures I MIGHT revert back to my original hardscape plan like what is seen in the first picture on page one of this thread....

18. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

nice tank

19. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Personally I like the left back corner of the tank now but the rest of the tank seems a little bare.

20. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

i think it all looks pretty donn :D