1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125 stock

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by lethalcustoms00, Jan 21, 2011.

1. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

so i have a 125 that i can not decide what to do with. all i knwo is i want a group of L 240 leporicanthicus plecos. any one have ideas? i thought frontosa or maybe bala sharks but thats a big tank for me

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I was also going to suggest Fronts, a nice school of them would be really nice looking.

3. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

i just did a little checking, and i still need to do some more but i think fronts like a colder temp(72-76) than the plecs i really like(78-82)

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

They would both be fine at 76-78ish.

5. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

A small colony of Frontosa would look awesome in a 125! A friend of mine just got a 125gal, and that's one thing he's considering doing. I have a larger female and a younger unsexed Frontosa Burundi in my 90gal, though I'm thinking of trading in the younger one for a sexed male. But then I also keep thinking of trading in all my Malawi and going strictly Tanganyika, and then I end up buying more Malawi! lol

6. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

I have 9 Bulu Point Frontosa in a 125. They are all between 3.5" - 5". I got them last January at 3/4". They grow pretty fast. If you get them small let them grow in a smaller tank and gradually move them to a larger tank. It seems they stress more in to large of a tank.

7. ilovefish123

ilovefish123 New Member

one question off topic the picture that NoctuVide has of the fish as his display picture what kind of fish is it?

8. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Calvus