1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125g Stocking/Compatibility:Kaylabug (Questions & Advice)

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Another Thought

I ran across another fish that I thought would be pretty cool for my tank. Green neon tetras! Oh and BTW I found out that it is a 125, so the guy lied and said it was a 150. He shorted me 25 gallons.... I am kinda ticked about that but I still like the tank. So what do you guys think of those fish? Very brilliant coloring from what I have seen.

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Another Thought

never buy anything off of what someone says, next time ask for the dimensions before you buy the tank, at least it wasnt a 55

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yea, I mean I am happy wtih it but it really gets to me that he lied about it. Of course he couldn't have known or he really did, which explains the filters are almost the right size for the tank, and that's why they only have 2 fixtures that have 30watt bulbs in each......

But anyways. I know I said I didn't want tetras (I'm excited and can't make up my mind!) but thos really caught my eye.

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Is the tank the 6 foot long (72") tank or the short (48") and tall one?

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

It's the 72in long one. I think it is the 125 long. I typed it in a tank calculator on another site (which is wrong MOST of the time) and that's what it pulled up. I belive it's a 125 though because I have seen a lot of 125s (I was thinking of buying one a while back) at the pet stores and stuff. Although then again I could be horribly wrong lol.

6. LemonDiscus

That is what I have :D nice tank.... almost the size of a bathtub!!! :)

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Awesome! What do you have in yours? And thanks! And yea, I was talking to my boyfriend and I said that we could put jets in it (not really since the glass is tempered) and make our own hot tub! It's big enough to fit both of us in it! :)

8. LemonDiscus

Note my signature.... I use it for my Planted Discus aquarium.... plus tetras, corys, an angel, ottos...

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Cool. My boyfriend wanted to do Discus in the tank, but I want a community with smaller fish lol.

10. LemonDiscus

You can keep Mollies, Platies, Swordtails, Tetras, Corys, Ottos and much more with Discus! My 125 is a community, more so (at least tried) a blackwater biotope with all Amazon creatures and Plants.... again, I do have a few Asian and African plants in the tank.

All of the fish are from the Amazon though... Not all from the Rio-Negro like my original intention was to do.... WAY to hard to find things in that narrow of a scope!

Just make sure that the fish you introduce to Discus are not really agressive (an Angelfish being the most aggressive you can do)

I have even heard of some people putting Rams, Gouramis and some others with Discus.... I keep Angels with them.... They are community fish.... IF you do get discus get 5-6 at LEAST and make sure you set your tank parameters to the Discus and NOT to the other fish. Everything MUST revolve around the Discus :)

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Wow lol. Discus are attention hogs, huh? ROFL. I am not sure if we are doing Discus, but there are fish that I have in mind. Like Green Neon Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, and Neon Tetras. Then maybe some Killies (smaller ones that won't eat my neons lol), and am thinking about Rainbows if they are compatible. Then I am going to need some kind of bottom dweller for the bottom. Have anything in mind? What about some kind of Loach or something else? Suggestion time!!! LOL.

12. LemonDiscus

[quote="KaylaBug]Have anything in mind? What about some kind of Loach or something else? Suggestion time!!! LOL.[/quote]
    Cory catfish to eat the leftovers and Ottos to clean the algae!

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

That sounds good to me! Sine I am doing all these smaller fish, I think it'd be good to make the bottom dwellers smaller, rather than too big. I'll have to check on Ottos; never kept those before but have kept Albino Cories.