1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

14g planted. fish ideas

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by littledane, Jun 15, 2009.

1. littledane

littledane Thread Starter Member

i just set up a 14g with so far 3 java ferns and some type of sword. i curently have 6 rasbora het's in the tank. what else can i put in the tank with them/

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

corydoras, bloodfin tetras, serpae tetras, etc.
    Depends on what your looking for (ie. Top, middle, bottom?? Color, Activity, etc)

Just be careful NOT to overstock since a 14g is still on the small side. These may also be of help:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theexoticfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2809</a>
    <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theexoticfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2176</a>
    <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theexoticfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2738</a>

3. littledane

yeah i wasnt planning on puting more than 6 or 7 more fish in the tank. the rasbora's tend to stay at the top of the tank. what would be good for the middle of the tank?

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Long Finned Black Skirt Tetras, Hi Fin Serpae Tetras, Blk. Fluor. tetra....Pretty much any tetra.

I have a bunch of different "types" of them and they all seem to hang out in the middle

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I'd add a few more rasbora's so you have a school of them and a bunch of cardinals or neons.

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

My tetras also swim in the middle, never seen there anywhere else. You gotta get some corys definatly!

7. littledane

i did put a small clown pleco in the tank. im taking my dempseys to the pet store today. maybe i can pick up a few more fish.

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I had a clown pleco, the day after I put it in the tank I never saw it again (thought it didn't make it and someone got him)...years...and I mean 2 & 1/2 years later when I broke the tank down I found him ALIVE hiding inside this lighthouse like decor.

9. littledane

yeah he stays under the peice of driftwood i never see him.