1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

20 Gallon Endler Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks.

It seems like I have a female in labor now. I separated her so we'll see if she drops anything within the next few hours.

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Good luck ^^

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

fish and tank are incredible !!!! good luck with the female in labor.

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

LOVE the tank. I like the blue background IMO black would blend to much into the tank and take away from the wood and plants. Hope all is well with the female.

5. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I can't watch the video =(
    My comp hates HD stuff XD

6. Anthony

It's actually white. The LEDs make it look blueish.
    I couldn't see any new fry but they hide really well for the first few days. The female was acting normally this morning so I assume she did have some. She was young so I only expect a few from her.
    You can watch it in non HD.

7. Anthony

So I got my T5 fixture set up and man do I like this new Zoo Med HO Aqualight ! It has a hinged bracket that allows the light to be tilted up for easy access AND even comes with a complete hanging assembly ! The only complaint I have, and it's minor, is that the legs don't allow the use of a versa top so you're forced to run open top, which isn't a huge deal unless you have jumpers.

Currently I have 3 bulbs, a 10k, 18k, and a ColorMax which I believe is somewhere in the 6k-7k range. Right now I have it set up running the ColorMax in the back and the 18k in the front and I like that color combo better then the ColorMax and 10k so I'll be running the tank like that and see how it goes. I used 10ks and 18ks on my 30 Long and grew plants pretty easily so having a 6k range bulb should be much better.

And now for a picture or two.

ai296.photobucket.com_albums_mm195_ForumBoosters_Endlers_DSCN0503.jpg
    It actually looks much better in person then in the picture for some reason.

ai296.photobucket.com_albums_mm195_ForumBoosters_Endlers_DSCN0506.jpg

8. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Looking great Anthony. You'll be pruning in no time with that set up.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Nice! I know what type of legs your referring to..I've seen them on some of the saltwater fixtures (mount on the inside/outside of the tank itself..not the lip)...there's no way to replace them with normal legs (that you can purchase seperately)?

I'd be nervous about the endlers going a-wall (I had 2 do that when I was doing a partial...had the canopy part way off and made the mistake to change my mind and do the 90 first...came back to the 20L and found 2 dead on the glass canopy..musta jumped up onto the glass).

if you run into the problem and can't replace the legs, I'd get some lexan...can always cut into two pieces and attach a command hook to the top to act as a handle.

10. Anthony

The legs have a lip that slide onto the fixture itself locking it in so I don't think I'd be able to replace them.

I've never had any jump out, even when doing water changes. Most of them gather around my hand nipping me as I'm holding the python thing.

Yea, if I see I have problems I was thinking about using some light diffuser.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

that would work too...mine do the same...nipping as I python. LoL!

12. Anthony

Noticed a new Endler fry yesterday. I only saw the one so I assume it was a young female that had him.