1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

20 Long Stocking Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by jrow8162, Apr 2, 2010.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

So since my corner tank leaked out my Angelfish is in the 20 long. Its a pretty large Angelfish. Question now is would it be too much to put another Angel in that tank? My wife is really attached to the fish so I have to keep it somewhere. Not sure when or if my 50 gallon corner tank is getting fixed so I dont have anywhere else to put it. You guys think 2 would be too many for a 20 long?

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

If I didi it I would be sure there is plenty of plants for hiding spots. 20 gal long isn't very deep for angels but in a pinch sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I used a 30 gal plastic tub as temporary housing for 8 weeks and 4 angels survived it.

3. jrow8162

This would most likely be a long term thing. I don't think i'm gonna do that. I did a 50% change tonight and one of its fins was almost out of the water. It looks healthy and is eating really well. I just feel bad having it in a tank that small...

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

IMHO Hate to say it but if it's long term you need to check craigslist for a larger tank.

5. jrow8162

I'm gonna attempt to fix the corner tank. If that doesnt work out i'm gonna sell the stand and put the money towards a new setup. I've been using the 20 long as a quarantine tank for my Discus. May even sell the whole thing, tank and stand, to someone with the patience to fool with it.

6. absntmnd69

absntmnd69 New Member

your tank wont be bad to reseal. the worst part about that task is taking off the old seal and the plastic trim pieces. but if you keep up the water changes then i dont see why the angels wouldnt do ok. just do like a 30% 3 times a week and i dont see why it wouldnt work

7. jrow8162

Its too small for the fish. Not so much length wise but height wise. Plus I need the tank for quarantine. If I remember correctly i've quarantined your fish in there too!!! :)

8. absntmnd69

absntmnd69 New Member

you did for about a week although i dont remember why. reduce the amount of water changed, step up the water changes, and feed every other day. i think it will be ok until we either get your tank resealed or tim gets you a replacement.

9. James0816

James0816 New Member

Definately a no go for a long term stay unfortunately. Sry.

But, since this is all you have to work with at the moment, you're making due the best you can. Is the big tank old?

Another question if you don't mind...do you have space for a 55? I've seen a couple on Craigslist listed at good prices...if they are still available.