1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

210g discus build

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by WhiteGloveAquatics, Apr 24, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ah, I bet the one that I thought looked yellowish was the white rabbit albino.

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics Thread Starter New Member

I want this one
    <a class="postlink" href="http://70.90.30.242/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DM&Product_Code=d29&Category_Code=dy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://70.90.30.242/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc ... ry_Code=dy</a>

and this one real bad

<a class="postlink" href="http://70.90.30.242/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DM&Product_Code=d44&Category_Code=dy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://70.90.30.242/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc ... ry_Code=dy</a>

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

that first one would be nice without the black edging.
    I like the color of somethingphishy's Golden Sunrise and Siam Yellow Masters (wish I could find those local without having to ship)!

ps. check out the solid yellow one here--> <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hawaiidiscus.com/gallery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hawaiidiscus.com/gallery.html</a>

or the line master one here--> <a class="postlink" href="http://www.macsdiscus.com/Line-Master-Yellow-Discus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.macsdiscus.com/Line-Master-Y ... iscus.html</a>

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

oh holy hell dawn!

my grandfather is flying in from his home in hawaii in june......... Bad part is he will bring them with him if I ask LOL

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

oh lucky you! I'd be on my hands and knees begging for the yellow one alone!
    and the golden emperors look pretty darn sweet too :)

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

sweet or sexy? bwahahaha

discus bring the sexy back.

yeah but I havnt been to hawaii since 1990. I should have been there the past two weeks with armed forces day and memorial day in pearl with him.(he is 2nd gen us army, great granfather was 1st gen, my dad was 3rd gen military 1st gen navy and I am 3rd gen army, basically its in our blood to serve)

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol, my dad served too so I know what you mean.
    I've never been to hawaii (don't think I'd handle the heat well as I'm an a/c girl all the way). Lol!

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

its not HOT its moist but not overly humid, ocean breezes all the time.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hmm, I always assumed it'd be killer humidity there?
    I was simply glad to be able to do florida (in october and november mind you) lol!

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

try chicago in july/august, feels like an evening in the bayou.

San Diego was the best climate wise(crap to live due to cost of living) xmas morning we used to go surfing.

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

Just a little tease, click link in first post of this thread for more.

I apologize for the glare but this light system even when room lights are off and adjoining room lights are off gives off major light.

Dawn, this here ones for you.
    ai50.tinypic.com_2d0mn0y.jpg
    notice left overflow.....a pair I didnt even know I had.
    err two pics
    ai48.tinypic.com_2iuyno3.jpg

12. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

fish and tank looks great !!

13. WhiteGloveAquatics

ill post more pics tomorrow when I am done rescaping it. picked up about 100 bucks or so worth of plants for 10 bucks yesterday. lots of reds and purple plants.

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

man that is looking good, I soo wish I had the room for a nice big tank like that but it looks like 90g is maxing it for me :(

15. WhiteGloveAquatics

9 is 4' wide right? and 30" tall and 24" deep if I recall right, We used to have one for a pleco and a texas cichlid when I was a wee lad.

yeah its coming along nice, the discus and angels get along just fine, they eat together and stuff which is really nice.

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

with plastic rim it's 48.5"x18.5"x25" (all glass aquarium brand).

Glad to hear the angels and discus are getting along well for ya, my new ones are also doing great! They were eating the second they hit the water.

17. WhiteGloveAquatics

I got wigglers!!!!!!!!!!!

So two proven pairs of angels are in the 210 now......monday eggs were laid on the overflow, yesterday around 1pm a few hatched into wigglers. this morning, all eggs are gone only wigglers that were in the egg patch were relocated to a sword leaf.

I have never seen them hatch in a community tank and I have never seen ANY fish protect its bed the way these two are, the camera is their arch enemy.

Did you get some postal mail from me yet, dawn?

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yep, was just getting ready to pm ya.
    Thank You *hugs*

ps. congrats on the wigglers...yeah the angelfish can get nasty when protecting there fry. When I kept mine they laid eggs in a community tank also (55g), but on the emperor 400 intake extension tube. I just let them be because I had no clue what I was doing back then, and they got to the stage of swimming and I thought I was in the clear, but then the next morning I woke up and they were gone? I figured it had to be the parents, because besides them in the tank it was pretty much small tetras. Good Luck with yours!!!

19. WhiteGloveAquatics

they were all gone today, they moved em from the overflow to the sword leaf, I came back down an hour or so later to haul the build tools up to the garage and they were all gone, what is funny is my OG pair the original angel pair ive had for years decided to lay yesterday as well, they ate em last night, I dont think they are a truly bonded pair but have been spawning for the better part of two years now multiple times weekly.

I know I will have more I think they are cleaning that same leaf off again.
    Whats funny is I bought the cichlid rocks complete kit was like 65 bucks at kens and not a single ram is using them, instead they have dug craters in the substrate and are bedding down there. I can say one thing, this AP.com black diamond substrate is 100% bottom dweller/burrower safe. its so flipping light and just isnt sharp enough to hurt anything. I also got to see my banjo cats late late last night around 1130 or so, they were doing laps, they have grown a good inch already since I bought them, this is the 4th time I have seen them in over 60 days.

20. nossie

nossie Member

Looking great! :D Your fish are absolutely beautiful :)