1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

25lbs Of Fiji Base Rock

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: 25lbs Of Fiji Live Rock

How long has it been out of the water ?

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Just a couple of months. My brother was going to use it but ended up not setting up a salt tank. I spoke with one of the guys at Richmond Aquarium and he said to just rinse it and put it in the tank and in just a month or so everything will grow back.

I bought the 25lbs from saltwaterfish.com and it was $150.00 there plus shipping. There are also a few decorator pieces I bought from Fish World at $7/lb. Those are the little pieces in the front.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The rock is dead then, completely.

Putting it in an established tank for a few months will allow it to become live again, but not from anything currently on the rock.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Oh. Well does that mean that no one will probably want it?

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's base rock now. Normally runs about 2-3 dollars a pound at the LFS. If you want me to edit your title and pricing I can, if not I can just move it to the archive if you'd like.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I priced it at $3/lb hoping it would sell fast because I could use the money for rent before I knew about it just being base rock. If you can, you can definitely change the title to base rock but keep it fiji base rock. I'd be willing to sell it for a little less than $3/lb if it can be a local pickup and it be picked up soon.

Thanks for your help Anthony :)

8. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Would the rock work in a cichlid tank? I may be interested in some of it and i'm in Richmond so I can meet up with you to get it.

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I imagine it would. They use crushed coral in cichlid tanks so I don't think there would be a difference. You might want to read about it first though, I wouldn't want your fish being harmed by it if it weren't good for cichlid tanks.

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

If I don't hear any takers on the base rock I am taking it up to Richmond Aquarium tomorrow afternoon to sell it. I am moving this week so wanting to shorten my stuff to haul.

I've also got a 10 gallon aquarium, just the aquarium for sale if anyone wants it. Cleaned out no scratches or cracks.

Let me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.