1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

29 gallon saltwater set up

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

$50 not bad lol, but theres got to be some sort of reason why its only $50. But if your willing to drive the distance, try to find someone on cl or related site that's getting out of the hobby. You can find a really good deal by someone who is trying to get rid of their setup.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

It is a really good price imo, your looking at probably a 40-60 min drive one way for it.

You can always ask if they'll meet ya half way?

3. California Cowgirl

like see if you can find someone like this in your area, <a class="postlink" href="http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/1295075752.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/1295075752.html</a> that has pretty much all the equipment that you'd need for a good price

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

what did u serch..im new to craigslist i always used ebay..but local is way beter...i found a 55g tank for 55$...but i like you package deal beter

5. California Cowgirl

try to find your city on cl, and on the left hand side there is a spot that says search craigslist. I usually put in fish tank or say in this gallon 50 gallon fish tank, or something like that

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

<a class="postlink" href="http://newjersey.craigslist.org/for/1268740609.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://newjersey.craigslist.org/for/1268740609.html</a> do u think the seller is being reasonable...i could spend more time focusing on school and less on xbox. he said he is willing to trade for a xbox 360 go to the link and tell me what you think

7. California Cowgirl

sounds like it would be worth a shot, email them and ask them what equipment and brands they have

8. California Cowgirl

i haven't read through the entire post, but take a look at this thread <a class="postlink-local" href="http://theexoticfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2630&hilit=how+to+buy+a+used+tank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2630&hilit=how+to+buy+a+used+tank</a> to help you buy a used tank, might give you some helpful tips

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ill do that tomarro its 12:50 here...ill try to keep you posted tomarro..if im away i may b able to use the internet on my ipod. but i just realizedhe is in new york. i dont think i mom would drive all that way.. well mayb if i ask her at a good time

10. California Cowgirl

haha can't wait to hear, getting a new tank is always fun :) what you can possibly do is show her the prices of all brand new equipment that you would need for a new tank, then show her how everything is included in the used tank and show her what great of a deal it is. I'd be worth a shot, good luck at convincing her

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

im gonna write the emial to the guy now and c what kind of equiptment he has..this is what i said... "Hi, i am intersted in buying your tank. trading you my xbox 360 would save me a LOT of money. what kind of equiptment do you have in the tank??"

12. California Cowgirl

sounds like a good start :)

13. kalebsdad21

kalebsdad21 New Member

I would say save for the biggest tank you can get and also look on cl for people that are getting out of the hobby. Yes it is not a cheap hobby at all but you will fall in love very easy if you take your time and do the research you will have a much a more enjoyable time(less loss). Right now your best friend will need to be the internet to research. Ask alot of questions when you go into your lfs they should be able to help you out alot aswell good luck.