1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

30 Gallon Long Pictures

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Put all my pictures into a single thread. I'll post updated ones later today. I had to rearrange the rocks a bit. The water wasn't circulating well enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anthony

Here are some new pictures.
    IMG_8837.jpg IMG_8825.jpg IMG_8822.jpg

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

looking good!

4. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

yup....looks really good!! :D

5. Anthony

Thanks guys. I'm headed out to get some more snails now. :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Looks great! I absolutely love saltwater tanks!

7. Leslie

Leslie New Member

wow!! it is pretty. i love salt tanks. i am still debating on getting a salt tank.

8. Anthony

Here's the grumpy looking Watchman.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i freaking love that goby!

10. Anthony

Here are two pictures of my tank with my new moon lighting.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

What kind (ie. type, brand, wattage) of lights are you running for the blue moon lights? I use lots of the lunar links, but I'm still not pleased with them..too dim & looking and wanting something a bit brighter.

12. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

that's a clamp on lunar, right?
    i had one on my tank when i first started it lit up everything really nice.......

13. Anthony

The name of it is Aqualight Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow. I have it suction cupped to my versa top. It's a 1watt LED.

aa1272.g.akamai.net_7_1272_1121_20071016161209_www.drsfostersm6fc0827cd5578e1f521fed24372edab7.jpg

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Thanks for the info, I saw them at my lfs..but they didn't have any hooked up to give you an idea of how they would look. The ones I have that i'm not thrilled with are current usa lunar link & lights.
    Thanks for the info, I saw them at ...galsonline.com/StoreCatalo ... ht&offset=</a>
    I didn't like the tape mount they came with, so I opted to use the screws and screw them right into the bottom of the light fixture. I think their was a pict in the planted section that you could see them.

15. Anthony

Yeah, I've seen those before and I almost bought them. I looked around and wasn't happy with how they looked. The one I got is pretty bright and I'm happy with it.

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I wish my local pet stores had them on display...grr!
    I couldn't find either of them actually on a tank or shown LIGHTED on a tank...I went with the links so I wouldn't have even MORE plugs (that I definately don't have room for) being that you only have one actual plug & the rest of them link to each other. I picked mine up at big als online when they were on sale and having the double points special...after mounting them directly to the hood (light fixture I bought had a ?defective tract & wasn't worth returning since it was bought online) I was really disappointed in them. If I had to describe the light it produces I would have to say a childrens night light bulb (and barely that)...and considering I have 6 under my 48" hood..that's bad!

I'm thinking when I get some extra cash that I'm going to try the ones you have..I was very impressed on the amount of light it produced. How many (in your opinion), do you think I would need for the 90g?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Id, say three if ant put one on his 30.

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Thank you, I was thinking in my head 3 to 4 of them. Glad to have an opinon though of others ;)
    I think that will be my next project...replacing the lunar lights that I have with the 1 watters.

19. Anthony

2, 3 max. My tank is 36" long, so the 90 you have is only 12" longer.

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Maybe I'll go with the two since I have glass canopies and it would be easier to center them over it (of course, when my budget allows for it). Worse case scenario, it won't be enough & I could always pick a 3rd.