1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Event 3rd Annual CAAS Auction, (not sure where to put this)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Penycat, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Penycat

Penycat Thread Starter New Member

The Charlotte (NC) Area Aquarist Society is having our 3rd annual auction on Oct 4th. If you are in our area, come and join us!!! There will be fish of all sorts:)

<a class="postlink" href="http://aquacharlotte.org/CAASWS/AUCTION.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aquacharlotte.org/CAASWS/AUCTION.php</a>

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've never been to anything like that before. I'll have to think about taking a ride down there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

That sounds like a reason to go to Charlotte.

4. caronsd

caronsd New Member

The New Hampshire Aquarium Society does the same thing I'm told. I'll be joining that next month when they start meeting again. I was also told one of the members has national award winning guppies he sells to member for like a dollar when they usually sell for like 20 or 30 or something crazy like that.

5. Penycat

You should totally post that when they have it. It's too far for me, but it's always good to know which clubs do these:)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In wilmington on the second sat of sept they are having a frag swap, and I know there will be a guy their selling africans and other fish!

7. Penycat

Oh cool! that's not that far away and I know there's a big time reef guy in our group, he'll be glad to know this:) Thanks

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm going to move this to the General area since it's not really an introduction.

9. Penycat

No problem:) When there's not an event/show section it's harder to figure out where to put these...lol *Blush* Thanks again!

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

No need to be sorry. I think I may add one in the Members area.

Edit: Created an area. :D

11. Penycat

Whoot! thank you:) There's conventions and shows and stuff all over the place all the time, so this'll be cool:)

12. Leslie

Leslie New Member

that is cool. I wish they did stuff like that here. I dont even think there are any clubs/groups.

13. Penycat

what area are you in if you don't mind me asking? maybe there's something, orrrrrrrRRRrrr, you start one:)

14. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I live in tennessee.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

search the web for local forums, I know that crazhrse just showed me one that is only people from raleigh to wilmington and in between, it opens up a whole new avenue to getting your hands on fish you only dreamed of.

16. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I just tried to look up some on here but i found nothing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

what about a tennessee fish forum, theres got to be one and maybe on there you will find ppl close by.

18. Leslie

Leslie New Member

yeah i did a search for that and i didnt find anything. only about fishing.

19. Dox13

Dox13 Member

Pennycat are you still raising bettas?

20. Penycat

well it's been a bit since this, but I sold over 21 bags of fish (had to downsize....*sigh*) But made over $150 on them and at auction prices, that was pretty good for me:) I'll post more as I hear about them. I know the ACA has their convention/auction in June (or maybe July, but I'll find out for sure) it'll be in Cincinati, OH. The Raleigh, NC area club will have theirs coming up the beginning of March. And the Atlanta club will also be having their coming up soon. I'll post them all as I hear about them:)

Yep, still raising bettas. Soon as my husband gets home from work today I'll get my camera out of the car *blush* and get some pics of a few that are ready to go.

As for Tenn, I know a huge big time fish breeder that lies there (I think he's close to Chatanooga) I know he's a part of the atlanta group, I'll see about getting you in touch with him:) His name is Dino and he's like Santa and awesome:)