1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

55 gal finished at last (yeah right!)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by heatherine, Jan 20, 2011.

1. heatherine

heatherine Thread Starter Member

(I think) I've finally "finished" my 55 gallon, it's only taken me 3 years! I'm really bummed I don't have a better photo - I'm having issues uploading from my Canon Elph, this was taken by phone (yuk).

The tank was a craigslist find, with a homemade stand that's awesome because it's taller than most and makes viewing much better. It came with just the tank, hood & stand, and I added two Whisper internal 40s, regular blue gravel for substrate, fake plants, lava rocks, driftwood at either end, and assorted other decorations (clay pots, blue glass, etc). I use actinic lights to enhance the "blue" theme and they really make Jack's colors pop! the white glare is actually the bubble stream. Its residents are a juvie Jack (about 4"), a synodontis cat, two clown loaches & a dwarf pleco. I realize the loaches will outgrow it eventually but they're quite happy there now. I hope to get my camera computer-friendly really soon so I can post much better photos of tank & fish and also share my green-themed, 25 gal tall angel/cory tank.

I have no intents on breeding nor can I afford to keep a "fish room" so these 2 tanks are truly it for me and I dote on them constantly. My 12 year old will probably want to share his 6 gal bowfront as well, he dotes on that too!
    jack.JPG fishy2.JPG

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Like the driftwood (far back left) and what's the stone on the far right that really pops in the photo?

3. heatherine

heatherine Thread Starter Member

If you mean the white one in the lower corner, it's actually a triceratops skull, which doubles as baby clown's current hidey hole. Gotta have a little kitsch somewhere! :) I do hope to be posting better pics soon! my phone cut off the farthest 2 inches of either side of the tank.

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

looks really nice !!