1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

55g Semi planted tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by caronsd, Feb 21, 2009.

1. caronsd

caronsd Thread Starter New Member

Here is a picture of my 55 gallon semi planted tank, ie some plants are real, 1 amazon sword, a few java ferns.
    Main tank.jpg

2. caronsd

Re: Semi planted tank

oh the breeder box is for the platys i have that i want to see if the box will actually work, the sponge filter in the middle is temp just getting some good bacteria growth, and the fake rock thing on the back left is only there because the freaking angels love it and spawn on it frequently. As you can see one pair is right about it and another pair is on the back right .

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

That's what I had with my angels (livebearers). Mine would spawn on the filter intake, and when they laid eggs would beat the crud out of anything that came within2 feet of their eggs. I did breeder boxes before too...I quickly learned that an angelfish can suck and kill babies from the mesh that surrounds the breeder box, the acrylic ones get ?brown algae build up on them quickly...especially on the side against the glass of the tank and that typically the slats are too big to contain the smaller live fry such as guppy fry. You might have luck with it though...float some moss or something in there...that helps the fry feel safer.

4. caronsd

I just plan on doing that till my 20 cycles. I have a bright pink platy and an all golden yellow platy I'd like to save the fry from.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I hear ya! Sounds like they will grow to be some nice looking fish.I don't think I've ever seen a PINK platy? Red, yellow, orange, etc..yes, but not pink?
    You have to put a photo up now, i'm really intrigued!

6. caronsd

I'll try... maybe tomorrow I'll let you know lol

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

No hurry, whenever you get a chance. Just something I'd like to see.

8. caronsd

My camera is terrible so dont get your hopes up lol

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol, okay...I'll try not to.
    Typically I'm not the "Got my hopes up high" kind of girl. Lol!