1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

90 gallon Planted Community Tank with Eco-Complete

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MOD_Dawn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Re: My 90 gallon planted

me too

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Here's 2 photos that I took today after pruning through the forest :)
    3-30-09 90g Full tank shot.jpg 3-30-09 Full tank shot.jpg

3. Leslie

Leslie New Member

looks good!!

4. MOD_Dawn

Thanks, I am forever pruning though. Lol!

5. Leslie

Leslie New Member

is that hair grass in the front?

6. MOD_Dawn

dwarf sublata

7. Leslie

Leslie New Member

ok

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Dawn dawn dawn. You really made it look great :D The plants must keep you very busy though :)

9. MOD_Dawn

Why thank you guido, the plants aren't nearly as much work as I originally thought they'd be. However, I am quickly running out of room since everything is doing so well...never thought I'd see the day when I complained about things prospering. Lol!

Oh & thanks guys for the P. Cabomba background idea...it's working great!

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The tank looks amazing Dawn, great job !

11. DarkDemolition

DarkDemolition New Member

AWESOME TANK! ;)

12. MOD_Dawn

thanks Anthony & Dark. It's definately a hobby of dedication!

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Dawn, when you feel up to it I'm curious how your jungle, I mean tank, looks.

14. MOD_Dawn

Everything is soo tall in it right now that I had to move this or that around to make room for the advanced growth.
    --The Banana plants leaves are massive!!
    --The Ludwigia Peruensis are doing just fab!
    --The Purple Cabomba is taking over faster than I can prune it!
    --My Indian red Swords have the brightest coloration that I have ever seen and are now starting to throw plantlets.
    --My Melon Sword (I think that's what it was) looks great!
    --The Dwarf Sublata is very tall and has been chaining/throwing runners.
    --My bronze wendtii is spreading amazingly fast (I didn't know it would even!).
    --My Brazillian Pennywort has gotten soo massive that I had to wedge it behind the canister spraybar....and even in doing that it has spread across the top of the tank and is QUICKLY nearing the front!
    --The Moneywort I got from leslie looks the same as when it arrived (thinking its water parameter related?)
    --The Crinum Calimistratum had to be recently pruned down since the stems were waving all over the freakin' tank.
    --Four leaf clover is doing great...I ended up sticking it in a small pvc elbow to keep it more "in place".
    --My Limnophila ‘hippuroides’ looks nothing like the picture on aquariumplants where I got it, but is finally starting to look good (it was defin. touch and go with this one).

I think that's just about everything I have in the tank plantwise as of now...soo much I can't even be sure. Lol!

15. MOD_Dawn

As for the inhabitants:
    --Quite a few guppies were lost (I blame my acidic ph 6.0), but the ones remaining are doing awesome & I have no worries about any of them.
    --One marble hatchet fish was lost..but he wasn't doing well on the way home and I wasn't about to waste gas to return a fish that was only a few bucks. The other 2 are doing wonderful & my future plans consist of adding about 5 more somewhere down the line.
    --The Yellow Signifer Rainbow is my "mistake" purchase...he/she can be nasty when he/she wants to be...Lucky it's fast or it would have been removed weeks ago!
    --The mystery snails have been dramatically reduced in number...I believe there are currently 3 goldens in the tank now (was 5, but 2 committed suicide and climbed out the rear of the tank...less that 2" gap from the canister tubing).
    --The Corydoras are all doing well...I believe sometime soon I should be seeing a possible birth being I have 2 Albinos who are constantly pairing and swimming against eachother in more than friendly ways. 1 is quite large and 1 is about 1/2 the size.
    --Bristlenoses are avidly breeding (from what I can make out it appears that their are about 10 or 11 Jr- Adult bristlenoses and more Babies than I can attempt to count! I believe I have 2 different batches of babies currently since I can see a size difference between several that have been spotted.
    --Rummynose tetras are doing well; also would like to add about 4 more to the existing 2 or 3 in there somewhere down the line.
    --I have yet to find my cherry shrimp, but again it's a jungle in there so who knows...the other shrimp that are similar in appearance to ghost shrimp but much longer with quite extensive ?arms are constantly on the go.
    --The Siamese algae eaters are thriving well...no issues with these guys
    --The glass catfish are always tightly schooled. Awesome catfish! I'd definately recommend these guys for the "cool" effect if you have a shrimp tank!
    --Lone Mr. Zebra danio who I had though was gone several months ago (Cleaning incident)...has proved me wrong and is happily swimming about all by him lonesome.
    --The lone velvet swordtail is absolutely gorgeous..I wish I had gotten 2 more but now the lfs I got him from is no longer carrying them. Ain't that just my luck! Ugh!
    --Tetras are all doing well...never lost one yet! And defin. don't plan to.
    --Got some weird livebearers from the guy I deal with...all are doing well..anxious to see what they'll turn out like!
    --Endlers didn't fare well in the tank either (similar to the guppies)...I think the acidicness of my water had something to do with it. Now I know to make sure my purchases are compatible with the low ph.

My parameters are remaining stable with no issues related to ammonia anymore! Yay!

And for the green spot algae...it appears to be moreso a problem on the far left wall and some on the back--since it's harmless I kinda gave up on worrying about it and do the occassional razor scrape with my tom all in 1 cleaning tool when I feel it's reached beyond what I consider minimal coverage.

IF I had to do it all over again...I'd do less plants...section them off better somehow (levels/inclines)...and I'd probably skip the excel being it caused me to lose my vals & nasea.

Stocking wise I'd be more careful noting the ph and going from there.
    >Of course I'd still do the bristlenoses (just longfins instead)
    >2 golden mystery snails
    >Definately a mix of tetras with the Long finned Serpae Minors and Long Finned Black Skirts at the top of the list
    >Glass catfish and Corydoras are always a must! Cuteness factor.
    >Hatchetfish for the top
    >Velvet swordtails & possibly some others such as kois

16. MOD_Dawn

Here's Plenty Of Plant Photos, you'll definately be able to get an idea of how the plants are doing!
    4-21-09  Limnophila ‘hippuroides’  with Golden Mystery Snail.jpg 4-21-09 Ludwigia Peruensis (2).jpg 4-21-09 Ludwigia Peruensis.jpg 4-21-09 (Lts. off)  Ludwigia Peruensis.jpg 4-21-09 Pennywort, Banana Plant & Limnophila ‘hippuroides’.jpg 4-21-09 Indian Sword and Plantlet.jpg 4-21-09 Broad Leaf Ludwigia Repens.jpg 4-21-09 Purple Cabomba & Balloon Moss Ball.jpg 4-21-09 Purple Cabomba, Balloon Moss ball & Broad Leaf Ludwigia Repens.jpg 4-22-09 kleinerbar sword, Pristella tetra, Marsilea quadrifolia, Banana Plant.jpg 4-21-09 Marsilea quadrifolia (4 leaf clover).jpg 4-21-09 Cryptocoryne Wendtii Bronze.jpg 4-21-09 Brazillian Pennywort tucked behind spray bar.jpg

17. MOD_Dawn

And Now for a few of the inhabitants that were willing to pose :)
    4-21-09 Glass catfish & Long Finned Black Skirt Tetra.jpg 4-21-09 Male Bristlenose Pleco cleaning the glass.jpg 4-21-09 Chinese Algae Eater hanging out on his coconut shell.jpg 4-21-09 cardinal Plant, Purple Cabomba, & Stripe fish from the guy I deal with.jpg 4-22-09 Front shot of fish I got from the guy I deal with.jpg 4-22-09 Buenos Aires Tetra.jpg 4-22-09 Marble Hatchetfish.jpg 10-17-09 Spot watching the fish again!.jpg

18. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I love all your plants. they are beautiful. I cant wait to upgrade.

19. MOD_Dawn

I thought the same thing too, but now I'm wishing I had the space to split all these plants between. I had no idea they would take off like this! Lol!

20. Leslie

Leslie New Member

you can send me some :)