1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

African cichlid transfer

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by NoctuVide, Nov 3, 2009.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

Well, I am still alive. Spring and summer became a gardening/landscaping project for me, so I really didn't do to much with fish. But now that it's fall going into winter, I'm right back into fish. I ended up transferring my cichlids from the 55 gallon into the 90 gallon, which looks so much better (the old 55gal is going to be converted into another one of my new hobbies, a large terrarium). I also picked up a couple new cichlids today at ned's. I got a pair of Cynotilapia afra "cobue", and a young 6 bar frontosa burundi. I was a little worried because the frontosa is on the small side, and going in with that tank of beasts i was afraid they would kill him, but so far so good, they haven't even really payed any attention to him. They harassed the cobues for a little bit, but now the male has found his cave and the female is pretty much trying to gain dominance over the christmas fulu (definitely the dominant fish.) Anyways, it feels great getting some new cichlids and I'll try to get some new pics soon of the tank and some of the guys.