1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

african dwarf frog with guppies?

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

At petsmart they have african dwarf frogs in with the guppies is that okay? if so im going to get 1 i mean they are only 2.99

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

If the frogs are smaller it's fine. As the frogs get larger if they can catch a guppy/fry they will eat it.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

okay because i asked the lady at petsmart she was like yea you can have these type of frogs with guppies she said they dont mess with them plus they eat fish flakes so thats cool ;)

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Plus it will give me a new spin on my tank ya kno what im sayin [dancing]

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sounds like they are african dwarf frogs.

6. fuzzer41

fuzzer41 New Member

The frogs will NOT bother the fish at all, although you should be careful for fish eating their own fry! The frogs might eat the fry if you do not feed them often. You can also feed them algae wafers.

7. Clrinphx

Clrinphx New Member

my dwarf frogs don't eat the fry...my guppies may...but the frogs are more interested in bothering each other or just sitting around and contemplating their life!!!!