1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

african dwarf frogs

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by steves_kiki, Jun 30, 2010.

1. steves_kiki

steves_kiki Thread Starter New Member

Ok, so I saw an ad on craigslist for 2 free fish(a black tetra- which turned out to be a harlequin tetra and an albino catfish- albino cory cat) and 2 free frogs(african dwarf frogs). I wasn't surprised since african clawed frogs are illegal in the state of va. But I was pleased to get them! 1 is super fat and almost pregnant looking while the other is much thinner. They came with frozen blood worms and eat like champs! Right now I have them in their own 1 gallon tank just to make sure they are healthy. I think I'm going to change out the aquarium pebbles for some extra left over sand I have in my reptile room. They are super fun to watch... and I have the 1 gallon next to the 55 gallon so when the frogs don't move, I watch the busy tank :)

Kin

2. steves_kiki

steves_kiki Thread Starter New Member

Yes, I plan on moving them into a different tank. But they are breeding and laying eggs like crazy in the 1 gallon!
    Kin