1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

ALGAE PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by FishVixen, Jul 6, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

Just got 20 nerite snails. put 10 in that tank. so far so good.

2. James0816

James0816 New Member

I love nerites. If you don't mind me askn...where'd you pick them up at?

3. FishVixen

Well this morning almost half the diatoms are gone overnight. All I've done is added about 30 plants and 10 small nerite snails put carbon in filter and dosed with flourish and flourish iron. Water is crystal clear and all the fish are in beautiful full coloration. My roommate asked "what did you do? It looks like a whole different tank from last night." I'm so excited a major positive experience in fish keeping.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow! Congrats on getting the tank back to normal...I just gave in and got 10 for the 20 and added some prunings too...guess we'll see what happens!

5. FishVixen

If you noticed my last post I added over 30 plants. It really helped enormously.

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

lets say helps with a majority of algaes, some are just a PITA to get rid of, hair algae,staghorn algae ect.