1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

All my tanks in my room plus the one in the bathroom

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Mar 6, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

2. drazzill

drazzill New Member

hey cow chick, you can easily put 4-6 fbt in a ten if you take out that land/h2o divider, and put a submersible filter in it,if you dont have one already. I would use a piece of cork bark for a place to get out of the water, cork will always float.and you can put that pothos directly in the water. Not sure if that was a heat lamp on their tank , but they are from cool water streams in china / euroasia. i've had them breed for me acouple times, had no luck with eggs hatching,due to me not taking them out and putting them in a rearing tank.used to own a reptile store/ bredding facility. What are you feeding them them? do you use any vitamin supplement on their food?

3. California Cowgirl

i've been wanting to change their tank, i'm not really happy with how i have it, but i don't know if i want to go through with taking the piece of glass out and having the aquarium sealant on the tank, they almost never go on the land, so it's pretty much pointless to have it for them, and the love the pothos in the water, the roots that are in the water section are actually growing. And i am feeding them crickets, i'v started to try half a meal worm once a week, one at it but the other didn't, and i believe it's a heat lamp, i've had it since i was a kid and had lizards. And i don't have any vitamin supplements for crickets, but i've got to get some more tomorrow, and i'll look for the supplement

4. drazzill

drazzill New Member

cowchick said:

i've been wanting to change their tank, i'm not really happy with how i have it, but i don't know if i want to go through with taking the piece of glass out and having the aquarium sealant on the tank, they almost never go on the land, so it's pretty much pointless to have it for them, and the love the pothos in the water, the roots that are in the water section are actually growing. And i am feeding them crickets, i'v started to try half a meal worm once a week, one at it but the other didn't, and i believe it's a heat lamp, i've had it since i was a kid and had lizards. And i don't have any vitamin supplements for crickets, but i've got to get some more tomorrow, and i'll look for the supplement

if you take the glass out a razor should take off the extra sealant, just need to b careful near the seams of the tank with the blade, and if you should gut load your crickets, before feeding them off, cuz what your crickets eat your frogs eat, most pet stores just feed there crickets potatoes, i used to feed my crickets chicken layena (starter food for chicks)and oranges for the vitamin c and h2o, By the way i used to own a reptile/breeing store for 5 yrs til my partner and I sold it 4 yrs ago, bred herps for 16 years, everything from snakes to geckos, prolly over 80 different species over the years

5. California Cowgirl

here are is the new tank, and some new pictures of the toads.
    003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 010.JPG

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks really nice. Don't they need a bit more land ?

7. California Cowgirl

i'm going to try and find some cork borad and use that for some land, or i was thinking about putting some more river rock on one side, but i'm worried about the rock falling onto the toads

8. California Cowgirl

oh and thanks :) i like it much better than the other setup, and it will be so much easier to clean

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Something like this may be good. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.petco.com/product/15052/Zoo-Med-Floating-Turtle-Log.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.petco.com/product/15052/Zoo- ... e-Log.aspx</a>

10. California Cowgirl

that would be cool, do you think it would be to big for a 10 gallon tank with the little water i have in it, but i could really see the toads using the log, and it would be a good hiding place

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

They have different sizes. :D

12. California Cowgirl

13. California Cowgirl

i wish i could get 2 more to go in there but i wouldnt be able to keep up with the crickets, im already getting them twice a week

14. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Buy a cricket cage and buy a bunch and feed them.

15. California Cowgirl

16. California Cowgirl

like it's supposed to be 2 toads in a 10 gallon tank but i think 4 would be perfect in there with how i have it set up, i wish they had medium sized 10 cent crickets then i could buy like 50 of them

17. California Cowgirl

oh and you can see part of the cricket cage next to the tank

18. drazzill

drazzill New Member

Hey cowchick, you can easily put four toads in that tank,you can also add a small submersible filter in it , to help keep the cleaning down a bit

19. California Cowgirl

i was thinking about wanting to get more toads, they seem to have a lot of room in there, but at the same time i want them to have plenty of space and not be cramed in a 10 gallon tank

20. California Cowgirl

oh yea, and i have been hearing some calling latley so if they do mate, lay eggs, and hatch it would be one very crowded tank if i get more