1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

All my tanks in my room plus the one in the bathroom

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

nice tanks, i especially like the ones with the green spotted puffer. also nice toads.

2. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

thanks icepac :) my gsp is my favorite fish, can't wait until i move him into a 55 gal next year

3. California Cowgirl

so today i took the fish in the 10 gallon to petco as it was getting to hard to keep up with all my tanks. So i have moved my frogs from the 5 gallon to the 10 gallon. The plants in the tank are Pothos but i figured the plant was doing so good in my terrarium for my toads that i'd try them in with my frogs. Tank is still a bit cloudy from the new sand.
    011.JPG 013.JPG

4. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

those are nice looking plants! I also like the setup...very simple but beautiful.

5. California Cowgirl

thank you :D simple is what i'm trying to go for now lol especially since latley taking care of all of these tanks has seemed like "work" so now i think with the simple setups and less tanks, everything will be fun again

6. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

oh, it can be a lot of work, but they are definitely worth it.

7. California Cowgirl

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Very roomy looking, I like the use of the plastic planters!

9. moreless39

moreless39 New Member

LOL.....I have to laugh (no malice) about those talking about their parents. I got into fish keeping 5-6 yrs when a friend gave me a tank a gf left behind. Now I have a 20L,39,55 and a brand new 85 .....and I also have a WIFE that thinks things are getting out of hand (although she does like them and is glad I have a hobby) kids are all gone....I have a whole room of tanks (with my comp. squeezed in.) But I would like to move the small ones out and bigger tanks in (don't tell the wife) my thoughts are in the future, the 85 will be the baby tank. (once again, don't tell) ;-)

10. California Cowgirl

thanks dawn :D. And Moreless i'm jealous of your bigger tanks. I would be happy to get rid of everything just to get a 55 gall for my puffer

11. California Cowgirl

lol my reason for getting into fish keeping was about 3 years ago when i found a red eared slidder out in the street, and fish and reptiles have been addicting since.

12. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

question for ya cowgirl, how does that pothos hold up in a tank? I've been thinking about it ever since I saw you had it in there. I've never heard of that plant being used in an aquarium. Is it a different strain of the plant that can survive submerged or have you just somehow trained it to grow in the water? If this actually works, I'd love to try it.

13. California Cowgirl

pothos have been doing amazing, they grow like crazy, my only problem is their growing tall so i have to rearange the plants some and cut some down but there doing awesome and my toads love them. And as far as the part of the plant, i just stole some strands from my mom's plant and made sure that there were some nubs on there which and so far at least in the water have turned into roots, i'll take a pic to see how much they've grown. And i tried some in my frog tank, which i think is the one your refuring to i only had it in there for a day, just because i wasn't liking the looks of it in the tank, but i'm sure it would have grown like crazy just as it did for my toads tank

14. California Cowgirl

this is how they did in a terrarrium and i started with 2 or 3 strands and they have grown like crazy, i'm sure they would grow just as well if not better fully submerged, i'd say it would be worth a shot.
    014.JPG 017.JPG