1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Angel Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anthony, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

So I lost all the Zebra Danios. I ran to PetSmart since it's only about 10 minutes away and picked up 4 more Angels so I have 6 total now. I already lost 1 Otto cat. I should have known better then to buy them from Pet Forum though, I've had so much trouble with their Ottos.

Here's are some pictures I took earlier before the Danios went to Heaven. The water isn't very clear in the pictures. I'll take some better ones tomorrow, these were taken really quickly so ignore the horrible quality.

I may change how that driftwood is sitting. It has a hole in the center of it that I thought was pretty cool so I'll probably lay it so you can see through it.
    IMG_9194.jpg IMG_9195.jpg IMG_9201.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I really like them. Especially the black one. YOU NEED a white one...that has the pearly looking banded top fin. I had one and that was my favorite!

<--should take the driftwood and stnad it up so the arm looking pieces are kinda reaching to the top of the tank. Could tie some moss to them? Just my 2 cents...well maybe 3 cents, lol

3. Anthony

Two of the ones I got tonight are whitish.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yay! Don't forget to do YOUR journal.
    Start with their addition to the tank...don't forget the b-day for their 1 yr. HAHA

5. Anthony

LoL yeah okay. :p

6. Anthony

So I went out and got a smaller filter and some Eco Complete in black. I ended up some more Angels so I now have a total of 10.

I ended up getting the new Tetra Whisper EX45. It's a nice little filter from what I can tell so far.
    DSCF1281.jpg

7. Anthony

Here's the tank after it cleared up.
    DSCF1282.jpg

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow, i like it. Still need a nice plant in there.
    Steal one of your many swords. Lol!

9. Anthony

The swords weren't in great shape when I was over there the other day, plus they have a little spot algae on them and I'd rather not introduce that into this tank. :) PetSmart didn't have any plants I was looking for so I'll have to go back to Pet Forum one day this week and grab a few or maybe stop by Nick's (GOT MTS?) house and raid his tank. :)

Today the tank isn't very pretty. It's a little cloudy from the massive load I've put in there. :oops: I got some of Neatrafin's "Cycle", the new version of it which is supposed to be like Tetra's Safe Start (Non Refrigerated Bio Spira) to try. I would have just bought the Safe Start but PetSmart didn't have it and I didn't want to pay $20.00 for a bottle at Pet Forum in CVille.

10. Anthony

Lemon thinks I'm an idiot. :confused: Leave it to him to rain on my Angel tank parade.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Awe..there there...Your angel tank will be pretty as soon as it clears. Just ignore him. Lol!

Nice..stealing plants...I wish I had someone near that I could do "tank raids" on *jealous*

12. Anthony

What's your honest opinion about keeping a pair of Angels in a 20 ? He (Lemon) said I shouldn't keep them in a 20 and need a 29. Does he realize a 29 is only 2" taller than a 20 ? With Angels the height of the tank is more important than the length (correct me if I'm wrong).

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Their babies, I think they're fine for a good while and your not planning on keeping them all?

14. Anthony

Right, and if I do keep more than a pair they certainly won't all be in this tank.

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Then I'd say their Peachy as are.

16. Anthony

*Kicks Ryan* LoL

Mr Know It All

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hey, if we're having a kicking fest your supposed to tell your partner in crime so it can be a group activity. Bad Anthony!

18. Anthony

:) Sorry.

I wish Jake's grandmother would get home so I can go do what I have to do today. :confused:

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hey, how is Jake?
    Did the case come up yet?
    and of course tell him I said Hi!

20. Anthony

He's not doing too well today which is why I have to wait until she gets home before I can go out, so he's not here alone.

Nope, haven't heard anything about it. It's been 2 1/2 months since he met with the lawyer and had the information submitted again. She said it would take 4-6 months to hear something back.