1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Angel Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anthony, Jun 27, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow, amazed its taking so long.
    Sorry to hear today isn't a good day for him.
    <--needs to send him ballon in box to give him something to "pop"

2. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

LoL a balloon in a box ?

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

haha! Yea, you know you can send helium balloons in a box through many florists. Then when you open the box the balloons fly out!

So neat yet stupid. haha!

4. Anthony

LoL no I've never heard of that !

So I've been speaking with the owner of an LED Lighting company that makes "Grow Panels" and is working on an aquarium model. He wants to put a little banner on the site and pay me $20 a month. I also negotiated with him to send me a LED panel, which I received today. Surprisingly he sent me TWO. I ghetto rigged them together and put them both over my Angel tank. They produce a nice amount of light. The make a nice shimmer effect in the water too, like MH lighting.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sweet, I looked into them...they were very expensive (but then again we're talking a 90 here).
    Pictures?
    <went out to blow off steam> one of them days!

6. Anthony

Sorry to hear that.

I posted a new picture in the planted section because I added a few stalks of Wisteria.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

okay, going to check it out.
    Ps. Car ride made it better, blast the music and clear the head. Lol!

8. Anthony

That's what I used to do when I got mad or upset. I can't do that anymore because Jake would worry about me too much and made me promise not to do it anymore.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Usually when I am really ticked..I either go back to bed and "sleep" it off....or crank the radio and take a drive (or walk around a store for a bit).

10. Anthony

Cories don't eat baby snails do they ?

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Not that I've ever seen...and I have bunches of mts

12. Anthony

I didn't think so but there was a small one that came on the plants from Nick and the one cory tried to eat it. :confused: I saved him the trouble and smashed it though. :)

13. Anthony

So I made a discovery this morning and I feel stupid for not checking it first. I just assumed the tap water pH was about 7.5ish. Well boy was I wrong ! I was wondering why I was having such a hard time with that Neutral Regulator and getting the pH to drop to 7.0. The reason... The tap pH is more like 5.0-6.0 ! And I just ordered some Acid Buffer last night. :confused: I guess I don't really need it. I'm so surprised the water here is so soft and acidic being well water when at Jake's mothers house it's 7.8ish on well water. I expected it to be similar and I was totally wrong.

Now I have to try to slowly drop the pH to match the tap. :confused:

Edit: I just thought about this while I was in the shower... Another reason I assumed the tap pH was 7.5ish was because that's what it was reading out of the tank. Apparently because the water is so acidic it was breaking down the crushed coral substrate (before I replaced it with Eco Complete) pretty quickly, raising the pH.

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sounds right, That is where mine is...I do nothing to it (Ph). Reads 6.0 but I knew it's lower (in tank)>>>Outta tap its like 7

15. Anthony

Have you heard anything about Kent Pro-Plant ?

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I've seen it, but as far as hearing good/bad...never heard anyone talk about it or suggest it?

17. Anthony

Did you know Eco Complete contained live bacteria ? I was wondering why there was water in the 2 bags I got and I guess that would explain it.

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Nope, I didn't know that.
    I remember mine came packed in ?amazon water and included a little packet that you were supposed to add to the water.

I was just happy that it didn't have any buffering effect and didn't need rinsed!

19. Anthony

My little packet was to clear up the cloudiness.

The first bag I put in I didn't rinse, the second bag I rinsed a bit because the first bag made the tank cloudy for a while.

I woke up this morning and had a dead Angel. :confused: He did act a bit funny from the time I got him though.

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

with that size (being small) I know how delicate they are. I wouldn't be really concerned unless your seeing signs with more of them?

As for the eco and cloudiness...that's normal..if I recall right mine cleared up within a few hours...wanna say it took about 3-4