1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Angelfish breeding?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Anonymous, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My angelfish have been in the same part of my tank since tuesday.I found white stuff behind them and my gourami and goldfish was attacked badly and the anglefish are the onlyones that can do thatI'll try my best get a pic up of it.I have never breed fish before and everyones help can be very useful.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Could be stressed and is just trying to hide, could be sick too...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i hope not

4. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

Angels when breeding will lay eggs in a straight line will be kind of pinkish in color and if arent fretile will turn white.
    The female will make a pass depositing eggs and the male will follow right behind her.
    Rioughly 3 days the eggs will hatch if parent raise if you want to hand raise take tank water and atleats 10 gal tank and use quick cure to make the water almost to where ya cant see thru it and add an airstone under the eggs where the bubbles move around them but not like a jet stream to disturb them.
    Everyday change about a gal of water out of egg tank and replace with the water where the parnets are in and dont add any more quick cure.

This is just a quick get going if they lay eggs and ya need/want more info pm me and ill let ya know what i do.

If they are getting ready to breed increase the feeding of high protien food such as frozen Blood Worms and Brine shrimp.