1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Animal Jungle: Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Stellaluna, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

Animal Jungle

Animal Jungle in Virginia Beach is awesome. It is literally worth a road trip. They have everything, and I mean everything. They have fish that you never see in your average LFS. They have staff who know what they are talking about, too. They have an incredible selection of plants and all kinds of supplies. They have door prizes and raffles on the weekends. They also have an incredible herp department and bird department, with huge bird rooms that you can go into and play with the parrots.

It is an amazing store, and I have made many trips there from Richmond to purchase specific fish that I cannot find locally, and even with gas it is cheaper than the shipping costs of most internet retailers. It is an experience, and any pet lover should visit. It is the best LFS I have found in 25 years in the hobby.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: Virginia Beach

I just went there today on my way back from a remote install for work, and I found my spot to buy my wild discus for a reasonable price that I have always wanted! :mregreen:

AND I got to see the first Hyacinth Macaw in person I have ever seen!!!! WOW!!!! That little monkey is freaky though :confused:

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The Hyacinth is huge isn't it ?

4. LemonDiscus

It is!!! And so gentle!!! It reminded me of a GIANT blue Cockatoo! :)

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

:) Yep. They had one at a pet store in NH I went to a few times.

6. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

My husband has a project in Suffolk and visits that macaw as often as he can! He wants it sooooo bad.

7. LemonDiscus

I did too, there are 2 of them.... a baby and a juvenile!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Very awsome store. I wish they wouold have kept the saltwater pond setup they had going in the frot of the store. I agree that they are always on top with sales and prices. Very cool place with a Very cool staff. HIGHLY recommended.