1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Anthony-Question about your tanks

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Anthony's tanks/moving tanks
    Anthony have you gotten your tanks down yet? If so I would love to see some pics. I just moved and had to go without them for a while and found that I couldnt sleep at night. I have always had a tank in my room and I guess I missed the "waterfall effect"? Who knows anyone I was just wondering if you had gotten yours down and if anyone else has experienced this phenomena?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: Anthony's tanks/moving tanks

Nope not yet. I haven't been back to VT since coming to VA. I do need to get up there soon though. I miss having the two tanks in my room and the one large one in the living room.

I'll try to get my sister to take a few pictures. I'm curious how my planted tank looks since I haven't been there to maintain it.

3. Dox13

Dox13 Member

I am the same way. I have to hear the water in the tank to sleep. I went to stay at my sisters for a couple of weeks when I was moving and I had to buy a tape to play at night of a waterfall so I could go to sleep. It is such a calming, peaceful feeling listening to the water fall.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I forgot to tell you guys that I found a pleco in my 40 gallon that I thought had died many months ago. I was emptying all the water out to move the tank ad stand and i noticed that on the bottom there was a body, a fish body. I "poked" it with the net and it started squirming all over the place. Low and behold it was a pleco that I thought my blood parrots murdered much the way they did the three before him. The thing is that the tank had also been sitting half full, no filter, no bubbler, and no lights for the past three weeks at least! I rushed him down here and popped him in my ten gallon tank and have not seen him since. I hope to one day view this beautiful fish again, definetly one of the most bad a*s fish I have ever owned!

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've heard similar stories about pleco's appearing that they thought had been eaten by their Cichlids. Sometimes you get a smart pleco that can survive the aggression of Cichlids.

He's lucky he survived without water circulation.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

A true warrior he is.