1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

anyone dealt with River Wonders Exotic Tropicals?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Jan 9, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Couldn't sleep...so did my normal web surfing and came across this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.riverwonders.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.riverwonders.com/default.aspx</a> and was wondering if anyone has heard of/dealt with this one?
    ----------------
    :confused: This means that any combination of livestock under 4 pounds will ship Overnight to your door, for only $39. Anywhere in the US!

For any order larger than that, you still take advantage of our regular Flat Rate. You pay only ONE Shipping Charge for any amount of fish to anywhere in the US.

If you wish to do a local pick up, feel free to place the order, and indicate local pick up on the Comment section. Though the website will automatically charge the shipping rate, we will adjust the charge right away. Make sure to contact us to schedule a pickup time. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or for custom quotes.

Remember, you pay only one shipping charge for up to 300 fish! The more fish you get, the more your savings get.

Alaska and Hawaii orders add $20 to the Flat Fee. For special or larger volume orders, please do not hesitate to contact us.

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Some of there prices are a little high, I was selling some of the vampire plecs they have for $36 for $22 a while back.

3. MOD_Dawn

I really didn't pay much attention to there prices (yet)...was just wondering if anyone else heard of ...or dealt with them.

<--am always interested in new places to acquire aquatics...especially with choices being rather slim lately.

Thanks for the input HBIC...have you ever ordered from them or read anything about them (just wondering)?

4. HBIC

Nope I haven't I look at prices and then go from there.

5. MOD_Dawn

Okie Dokie...have ya had any luck finding any affordable ones that don't kill ya when it comes to shipping?

6. HBIC

To be honest I order almost exclusively through the classified section of another forum or from breeders that I know throughout the country. Are you looking for anything in particular? It may be possible I might know someone I could put you in contact with/

7. MOD_Dawn

nah, nothing in particular right now...just always open to finding new "sources" for when I am.

But in the near future I'd like to probably find something along the lines of: brightly colored apistos (dwarf cichlids)
    dwarf corydoras'
    nicely colored neon/cardinal tetras
    roseline sharks (thinking of getting these from petsolutions)

8. HBIC

Chris Moscarell is the leading breeder of Apistos at the moment. You can buy from his website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazontropicalsonline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazontropicalsonline.com/</a> or pm me and I will give you his personal email address. He also has cories purchased my Duplicareouos as well as my Adolfoi from him. I am about to buy some Habrosus from a friend of mine that imports all types of things probably the end of the month. Chris is located just outside of Lancaster Pa. I don't know exactly where you are but if you are close you could do pickup and save the shipping all together.

9. MOD_Dawn

Thanks, I'll defin. give that a looksy!

10. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

they have rare fish but i heard a lot of bad things about them....people's fishes came in DOA and they were never contacted back.

11. MOD_Dawn

uh, that's not good. It's soo hard to find a reputable place to get quality fish these days..and I'm soo tired of the lfs charging me an arm and a leg for mediocre (at best) stock...so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone can recommend any that wouldn't charge and arm and a leg in shipping costs/fees (besides aquabid & ebay of course).

12. HBIC

I have never heard anything bad about him except for a single thread on another forum and that person was compensated for their loss. Check out his name he is a VERY reputtable dealer as well as breeder of Apisto's.

13. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

depends what fish you are.....

14. HBIC

?????

15. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

....into lol i forgot to finish it i have A.D.D. lmao

16. MOD_Dawn

:D
    I tried e-mailing for shipping quote and got a bounce back after it attempted to send it multiple times-->
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

chris@amazontropicals.com

Oh well, after that I stopped in 2 of my lfs and found a few that appealed to me for the 10g at least...they are in my 10g thread

17. HBIC

18. MOD_Dawn

Thank you, I'll write it down and stick it in my cabinet ...always good to have handy for when I'm in the market.