1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Aqua Botanic: Salem, OR

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by eeyipes, Aug 11, 2008.

1. eeyipes

eeyipes Thread Starter New Member

Aqua Botanic
    Salem, OR 97302
    United States
    Phone: 503-922-2846
    Fax: 503-336-4451

Website>http://www.aquabotanic.com/

Has anyone ordered from Aqua Botanic before? Thumbs up or down?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: Aqua Botanic?

I haven't heard of it.

3. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

i just checked out their site, it doesn't look so bad.
    you should call and see how they treat you when you ask
    a bunch of questions.

4. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

i am with ink on this one when you call act like a total newbe and ask the silly questions if they try to sell ya stuff you know you dont need or blow you off then ya know will need to do about 3 calls tho to make sure it just isnt the salesperson

5. eeyipes

I don't know if I can bring myself to be quite that annoying, lol. I will drop them an email, tho. Their description of the dwarf hairgrass is a little sketchy and could use some clarification (even tho I already know all about it). I like it that they have several shipping options that don't cost $30 (!) like other places I know.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have purchased 3 times from Aqua Botanic. It has always been great. I recieved my plants in 5 days. You can buy a thermal pack for a additional 3 bucks or so it really works good.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, annoy the hell out of them and then order something from them, chances are they spit in your hairgrass.

8. eeyipes

Well, as long as I don't have to eat that hairgrass ...

They shipped an order for me yesterday, looking forward to some of the red plants to color things up a bit. I'll get it Thurs or Fri.

9. yikesjason

yikesjason New Member

I haven't actually ordered anything from them yet, but I live in the area where it is from. Robert Hudson is the owner, from Salem, OR. He is involved in the aquatic community and is even organizing a regional plant swap meet next month.
    From my own searches on the internet, I would say his is possible the best site for plants. Plants are really the only thing he does. January will be his 10 anniversary for his company. I hope to make it to his open house. I would like to see his operations.

10. yikesjason

yikesjason New Member

I got to meet Robert Hudson this last Sat. at a plant swap meet he organized here in Portland. He was very nice and knowledgeable. I asked him about his business and he told me about how he got into it. He has a small shop with two rooms of tanks. He orders his plants from farms in Florida mostly along with a few imports.
    He even writes a column for a magazine.
    I would recommend him to anyone looking for plants for you aquarium.