1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Event aquarium clubs and societies

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by cooltow1, Jul 21, 2009.

1. cooltow1

cooltow1 Thread Starter Member

How many of you are members of an aquarium club or society? Here in central Florida we have two very active societies the Tampa Bay Aquarium Society and Central Florida Aquarium Society. I feel that the Web will kill these societies as the average age is getting older

Rick

2. ikagan

ikagan New Member

I am a member of a society here in Long Island, NY. I think the internet does hurt some, but I feel that nothing can take the place of the meetings and the people. I think that the Playstation and XBox are bigger reasons why we see so few young members.

3. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I have to agree 100%! I am a "younger" person myself and know because most of my friends would rather play something virtual than real!

I see fishkeeping as a "game" itself but it takes longer and is more rewarding!

No fish clubs or societies here in Richmond Va. that I know of :confused: