1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

AquariumGuys.com

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Apr 14, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Already pulled the bootstraps up. Lol!

:cool: The main thing when buying online is that you know your rights and are careful with the method of how you pay.

IE. If using credit card always make sure they offer some sort of online protection for when/if things go wrong and IF you can pay through Paypal with it because sometimes PayPal will offer protection also...and worse case even if they don't then you can go to the credit card company by calling there usually toll free number listed on the back.

NEVER pay by cash/western union/money order...and be VERY cautious if paying by check...because even if they cash it and you don't receive anything your bank will probably do little-if anything to help you. And furthermore if you have to stop payment many times it will cost you more than the amount of the check you have written and is a pain in the butt!

2. MOD_Dawn

I soo forgot to update this.
    so here it goes......
    once I provided tracking showing it went back my credit card company refunded in full and said they'd go after the company...of course it took almost a calendar month after they received the tracking, but none the less....I received all my money back on 05/19/2010. YaY Me! & Boo to the retailer :-x
    I also provided them e-mails from the seller in addition to highlighting all the different names and such.
    xoxide.com (according to credit card statement)
    Turn 5, Inc. (according to PayPal)
    AquariumGuys.com (the site I purchased through)
    fish.com (where they wanted it returned to)

And here's a addy I got from Paypal for the Turn 5, Inc.

Turn 5, Inc.
    311 Quail Drive N
    Phoenixville, PA 19460
    United States

3. nossie

nossie Member

That must be such a piece of PAIN. I hate having this kind of trouble. Luckily, last time I had problems with orders through paypal I got complete refund as the order hadn't even managed to be placed. But I called BOTH paypal and the shop twice, and mailed them twice or more each without getting anywhere. So I finally did open a dispute, and won. YEEEAAAAH!

Hope everything will turn out right! These people seem really weird...

4. MOD_Dawn

well I got all my money back, so to me it did turn out right...the cc company even refunded the interest I was charged (through them) on the transaction.

5. nossie

nossie Member

Nice to hear! :D