1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Aquariumplants.com : Tea, SD

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Jan 8, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

New order just placed with them...
    :D Yep, I've been good so I'm treating myself to some greenery :)

[*]Moneywort (Bacopa Monnieri)3@$2.08each
    (will goto the 90g)
    [*]Green Wendtii (Cryptocoryne wendtii)2@$2.19each
    (will goto the 90g)
    [*] Corkscrew Vals (Vallisneria americana) (10 plants per order)1 order of 10@$7.59
    (will goto the 90g)
    [*]Nana (Anubias barteri v. ‘Nana’)2@$5.49each
    (will goto the 90g)
    [*]Broad Leaf Ludwigia (Ludwigia repens)3@$1.97each
    (will goto the downstairs 10g)
    [*]Rotala Wallichii (Rotala wallichii)1@$2.08each
    (will goto the upstairs 10g)
    [*]Purple Cabomba (Red)(Cabomba pulcherrima1@$1.97each
    (not sure, but probably will goto the upstairs 10g)
    [*]Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea zenkeri)2@$5.49each
    (1 will goto the 90g and 1 will goto the upstairs 10g)

-> Heat Pack (for shipping during COLD weather conditions 1@$4.00 each
    -> 2nd day air shipping $13.17
    -> DSC-14 February 28 News - 5% off plants = -$2.51

Grand Total: $64.79 :eek:

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

64 bucks thats it?

I spent 790(rounded) bucks with them last week and all I didnt get is being dropshipped from the manufacturer(ro/di unit)

for the price and their customer service I will deal with them again for sure. I mean how many times does a place call you to inform you that there is either an extra part needed? I mean 5 minutes after order submit I had a call telling me the probe holder on their reactor was a seperate piece and threw it in for free. all I can say is their Co2 equipment including their awesome electronic regualtor w/ counter and lack of needle valve. Very good company to work with. if it isnt right they make it right.

3. MOD_Dawn

yep, that's it this time...is all I need, but have purchased from them in the past as you can tell/read here. I'm still testing what works and doesn't work in the discus tank & pretty much what will be eaten leaf wise and what won't.

I've made some descent PLANT orders in the past...but I think the most I spent was $112.00. Sounds like the majority of your cash went to there co2 system (not getting into all that crap...I'll do liquid if even that).

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

Yeah, well actually it was adding up cause I got the RO/DI unit from them too and a sms122 milwaukee LIVE PH meter it was a multiple of things. They are good people though, I know I am going to be ordering their reactor and regulator, I got everything else.

5. MOD_Dawn

I've never had problems that they weren't able to fix...and I like that you can actually speak to a person rather than a recording!
    I'll update this when the plants come in.

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

I got EVERYTHINg already, lets just say, I am going to place a second order for my other two tanks.

7. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

Non linking is a 50/50. I have my own website and forum and dont give a darn but thats me.

I dont want to get into anything over it but I think that has been the downfall of many forums since Al invented the internet.

Also, AP.com pays those sites. Premium sponsorships.

9. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Since Al invented the internet...ROFLMAO

10. MOD_Dawn

I never even noticed until you said something...all the way at the bottom ...is probably why :)

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm
    Aquariumplants.com however hasnt even shipped my order yet and I placed it two weeks ago, confirmed.

12. MOD_Dawn

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm I've dealt with aquariumplants.com numerous times (replaced/credited anything that didn't come through great)...did you try calling them to find out what's up..that's not normal for them (taking 2 weeks..usually ship within 3 days or less).
    (866) 919-8349

13. WhiteGloveAquatics

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes called them, and the guy got 1k more out of me. ended up with a new 5' 8 light t5ho and a 5g bucket of substrate plus 8 flora bulbs 6500K but yeah they did admit to the order being put on a 2week hold and gave us some $$$ back. either way spent more then the original shipment but 5' is alot better then 4' on a 6' tank. This is the 3rd order in 2 months with them, all around that 4 digit mark and they did greatly apologize and did demand in a way some pictures of this tank when its done. They said for the investment with them alone it should be a looker.

14. MOD_Dawn

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm good company, I hear there substrate is the same as eco-complete,
    Amazed you didn't go with a modded out shop light or possibly 2.
    I know I'd love to see it when its done (looking forward to photos).

15. WhiteGloveAquatics

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

If it wasnt in a office for a guy making over 50 an hour we would have done shop lights and alot more DIY, but the clientel he has its best kept clean and top dollar, heck its a tax write off next tax season LOL. Business expense, stress relief, client relaxation yada yada lol. If he can find a hole he will find something to fill it lol.

Yes its very much like eco complete and a little more pricey but its supposed to be very good substrate, not as much iron as mainstream brands.

16. WhiteGloveAquatics

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am well the AP.com substrate is not like eco complete, its a substrate made for gardens John Deere bought the company that made it for AP.com, bad part is 40# is only 10 bucks at john deere.

17. MOD_Dawn

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 am they musta changed it, I remember reading reviews and seeing photos showing it to look just like eco-complete. Substrate for gardens? Won't that make the tank a cloudy mess any time it's disrupted (as in partials). :)