1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Aqueon Submersible Aquarium Heaters

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Aqueon Submersible Aquarium Heaters

Okay,
    I originally thought it was a fluke but I'm coming to find out it wasn't.

My 1st attempt at contact with Aqueon in regards to their heater:
    The next day I received a reply:
    My response:
    And again the very next day I received a reply:
    015905061049C.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

The new heaters arrived extremely fast and I was extremely satisfied with their customer service, and of course now I come to find the receipt of at least 1 of the heaters.

Now the "new" replacement heaters have been installed and immediately upon putting them in the water bubbles began to disperse from where the blue knob is (blue knobs used to control/set the temperature of the heater). A bit concerned I keep an eye on it as NO condensation is showing yet, but after about an hour or two I begin to hear a clicking noise.

One by one I unplug everything until their is complete silence in the room and the noise promptly stops when I unplug the heaters. I leave everything else unplugged...again dead silence, but when I plug the heaters back in within 10minutes I hear the odd clicking noise. I give the heaters a good once over and see that one is showing condensation where the red light comes on to tell you it's actively heating, whereas the other is showing condensation BELOW that same area.

Both heaters are still reading much lower (dial wise) that what my probes are showing, but I'll ignore that for the time being EVEN THOUGH this is a MAJOR issue (especially for those who don't own/utilize a method of verifying that their tank is actually in agreement with what their heater dial reads).

Contacted the number in the e-mail and made them aware of the ongoing problems with their equipment in addition to including photos and even left a message since a phone number was also attached to the e-mail.

IF you happen to have this same heater I'd be monitoring it VERY closely!
    IMG_2491.JPG IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2489.JPG IMG_2488.JPG

3. MOD_Dawn

AQUEON CONTACT INFORMATION:

For customer service assistance or to find out more about Aqueon products, complete the form below and we will respond in 2-3 days.
    http://www.aqueonproducts.com/about/contact-us/

You can also reach us M-F 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST @ 1-800-255-4527 or write to:

Aqueon Products
    Central Garden & Pet
    9675 South 60th St.
    Franklin, WI 53132

4. MOD_Dawn

Well seconds later and I've already received a response regarding the replacement heaters I've received.

Rather have two 300W heaters that actually perfom, but two 250w are better than nothing.
    Looks like I'll be test driving the pro models.
    !cid_image003_jpg@01CBB88B.jpg