1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Are Discus,Silver Dollars & Angels All Compatible?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Is it possible to have discus, silver dollars and angels in the same tank? Some sites say the PH for discus is the same as the others but other sites say there PH should be as low as 4.6-6. Or do i have a good reason to buy another tank?

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: Discus/Silver Dollars/Angels

I would not do the silver dollars.... the discus and the angels can go together but there are a few issues as to why they should not either. (kind of a long explanation view my thread on Discus Behavior under Cichlid Central for an explanation on the discus and angels)

I would not do the silver dollars with the discus at all though. Just me but I cant see that working well.

Stop reading into all the info on discus as half of it in my experience is inaccurate. No discus do not NEED a PH of 5 or 6. PH7 will do for almost all discus. Wilds are the exception. Also Stenkder/Hans Discus require a PH of about 7-7.2 so that blanket statement of discus is dead wrong.

As mentioned before by me there are 4 kinds of discus that ALL require slightly different parameters. Wilds, Hans/Stenkder, Forida/Locals and Asians. ALL of which are by parameters compatible with angels... just dont expect the discus to behave properly at all with angels present.