1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Arm burns after putting hand in brackish tank?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by California Cowgirl, Mar 6, 2009.

1. lostanime

lostanime New Member

I've got no ideas on a better way to siphon an overflow J-tube! (Of course, I probably need to temporarily drain the 'fuge, and just drill that tank too so I don't a siphon to begin with)

I use pythons to siphon water out of the tank though... no mouth siphon there.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

same here (pythons all the way)...I don't know why I waited soo long to get one. Love it Love it Love it!

3. lostanime

lostanime New Member

Argh. I didn't keep gloves on once I got all the fish, corals, etc out of the main tank and began tearing it down. This weekend I discovered I now have a reaction to saltwater, too [banghead]

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Time for some elbow length gloves I guess.

5. inkmates

inkmates New Member

I'll admit that I don't follow this rule but it is wise to always wear shoulder length gloves when messing around in a marine or brackish tank. I myself have been stung by 2 different kinds of anemones, no fun at all. Not to mention all the different fish species that can inflict all kinds of little nasties.

6. lostanime

lostanime New Member

Yeah... I always have elbow length gloves on (the red/blue coralife ones) when I'm working in the tanks with fish. Since I had already relocated all of the fish and corals and was tearing this tank down, I just started moving live rock bare-handed and the reaction to the SW shocked me - I've never had reactions to it initially.