1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Attention smokers

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by YellowCichlid, Mar 12, 2010.

1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Ive found in my time on the net for over 10 years now that there are some keepers that are anal enough to get autopsies and toxicology tests done. There is a lady on many forums who does this with friggin betta fish. It can be done, expect the unexpected.

If it dies IMP it dies, ok if something is odd obviously or signs of symptoms id treat but if a fish dies then in the garden it goes.
    ( I use my deadies as fertilizer, yes my veggies taste awesome, common carp is by far the best fish for growing mater in. sorry im a green thumb too.)

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

also these were triops, under the best conditions they live 90-100 days maximum, that in optimal 100% perfect conditions, I got em, I hatch em out and stuff, sure they are neat to watch especially when they eat eachother but they are very short lived creatures and I can fart in the next room and they would die, they arent very long lived things and some people are lucky to see 30 days max.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh no, I wasn't saying that it's not possible to do that, I know it can be.

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

I think its kinda morbid to do that to a fish that most hobbyists keep. I can see it in rare species as well as monster species but betta fish.

Side note, that wisteria is hoppin, ive got ALOT more babies then I thought I did. moved it to put a floating piece of DW in and hundreds scattered out of it.

5. blowfishRus6

blowfishRus6 New Member

thats why all my fish keep dieing :eek:

i too think it would take a HIGH concentration to kill the fish....

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

Yep, its that wholesome southern cooking, blowfish. I used to be the same way when I was stationed at ft jackson.

7. CichlidStorm

CichlidStorm Member

you know, i have to say i am more concerned about ME dying from cigarette smoke more so than my fish. Fish are replacable, I, am not, thats my story and im sticking to it...lol

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

+1

I smoke in my fish room, open top tanks, however I run exhaust fans in the ceilings and floor fans to distribute and dilute the air. Havnt lost a fish yet nor have my water parameters changed at all. I run live meters on that tank and can see instantly of any wrong doings in the tank.

I am not concerned about dying either way, weather it be natural, murder or suicide by cancer stick. I know more people with throat and lung cancer that never touched anything to smoke. Its odd.

9. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I'm not going to live forever! I smoke but not in the rooms with tanks.

10. cliff0114

cliff0114 New Member

5 weeks. I quit smoking. It has been tough, but everytime I want one I tell myself 160 bucks a month. That usually does it for me to get through another day,

11. nossie

nossie Member

äshley: What kind of parrots do you have? I would want parrots someday, but they're so expensive! D:

12. nossie

nossie Member

That's awesome c:

13. islabucasgrande

islabucasgrande New Member

Train them to sing and not just utter words....

14. WhiteGloveAquatics

My birds learned to talk VIA bad calls during football games. I do think my senegal learned a few new words during the stanley cup playoffs this year.