1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Blue Crays...

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Penycat, May 25, 2010.

1. Penycat

Penycat Thread Starter New Member

okay, glad this is here:) I've got 6 of these guys/girls. saw 2 trying to mate, but so far no berries...

They are in a 55g with tons of hidie holes and caves and stuff, pH 7.0 not sure the rest of the numbers at this point. But these are fun guys to watch:) Here's to hoping!!!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Penycat_Aquatic_bluecray01_13_10.jpg

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Are they Cambarellus Alleni?

3. Penycat

Penycat Thread Starter New Member

ummm...they are blue ones? lol sorry, I'm not good with the latin of my fish yet. I'll ask the guy I got them from. I'm assuming the ones you see at the lfs, these are them *blush*

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I found a few Blues (and even kept one a little while) in my local waters. They look cool, but I didn't have the tank space to keep it so I let it go.

5. Sal

Sal New Member

It could be an immunis. I had 1 male and 2 females in an unheated basement 29 gallon few yrs ago when I lived in NY which was 3/4 full with water . They are not as blue as Allenis and the male was half the size of the females though that might apply to all crays.

Had them for several yrs. They mated left and right once they hit adult size mostly AFTER water change but never had any young.

The 2 females would sleep out of the water on floating driftwood but the male never left the water.

All 3 got along well and mention that because think Alleni do not.

They are illegal here other wise would have gotten them again.