1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

blue pearl shrimp

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by manta975, Mar 6, 2011.

1. manta975

manta975 Thread Starter New Member

what is a suitable size tank for a few(anywhere from 3 and up)blue perl shrimp, no website i find seems to say a gallon amount or square space on the bottom. i kind of want to start a small planted tank with these shrimp but don't want anything too small for the shrimp. Also any one know a place in Columbus OH that would order them(or already have them) i really don't want to order online if i don't have to.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

http://www.theshrimpfarm.com/shrimp/blu ... shrimp.php
    I've never kept the blue pearls, but have kept the cherry's and yellow's and their all the same size.

If your just looking to keep 3 you could easily do a 5gallon tank, but for a nice little community I'd suggest a standard 10gallon (1 because it gives you more room- which you can plant nicely for them, 2 because it'd probably be cheaper than the 5gallon, 3 because once you put a heater and sponge filter ... you'll want a lil extra room).

And sorry, I'm not in the ohio area to know of anyone carrying them locally (could try calling your local pet stores, checking ebay for listings in your area- search by distance, or quite possibly aquabid and placing a "wanted" ad...could do the same with craigslist in your area too or even the forums trading post area).

3. manta975

ok if 3 is ok for a 5 gallon i will go with that, i already have a 5 gallon with a filter on it just need to cover the intake with a sponge or stocking, and i don't think the heater will take up too much room and i kind of want this on my desk and a 10 is too big.

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

have you tried looking at aquarium adventure ?
    Store Location
    3632 W. Dublin-Granville Rd.
    Columbus, OH 43235
    Store Phone: (614) 792-0884
    Store Fax: (614) 792-0437
    http://www.aquariumadventurecolumbus.com/

5. manta975

i haven't called them about blue perls but they do have a lot there,i guess i will call them about it tomorrow , just moved to Ohio so i forget all these stores and stuff. Do you know if they dont stock them if they would order them i know some stores do that.