1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Breeding Kribs?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by goussberry, Aug 29, 2010.

1. goussberry

goussberry Thread Starter New Member

haven't got any yet but I'd love to get a breeding pair.
    Here are my questions:

Can you just buy any female and male, and they'll form a partnership? Or do you have to buy like 3 males 3 females and allow them to form their own partnerships?

Also, when they have formed the partners, and have bred I know they get very aggressive. Which fish would be compatible to get away from them, so they don't take their aggression out on each other. How does this sound:
    - Lemon tetras
    - Bleeding heart tetras
    - Rummy nose tetras

Which school should I have? It's only one, not all of them Hopefully they'll be in a 29 gallon tank. Which won't eat the fry? I do want to watch the fry grow up and sell them eventually, and I do also plan to have a separate tank for the rest of the fry.

Thank you :)

2. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Kribs are not pairing fish. You will need one male with about 3+ females to avoid aggression. If you're interested in breeding them then you will only want to keep them in the tank. Putting tetras in a tank with kribs is a very bad idea.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Moved to the correct section.