1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Calling all Livebearer Experts!! I need assistance

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Haley Wolter, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Haley Wolter

Haley Wolter Thread Starter New Member

I would like to know what species of Molly I can put together in a 75 gallon tank. I know I can put Lyretails and Shortfins but, I would like to know (before I buy the tank) what species I can put in. Like the Sailfins, and the Balloon Belly Mollies. Can I put Sailfins, Lyretails, and Shortfins in the same 75 gallon tank? If so, how many?? (I have gotten a lot of different opionions) And what about Balloon Bellies? Do I need a different tank for them?

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

They are all compatible, it really just depends on if you are trying to keep the strains pure.

3. Haley Wolter

No. I don't need pures. I want hybrids and mixes :) Are you sure the BB Mollies can stay with the rest? I had someone tell me it is not good for them to breed with Short Fins and the rest

4. HBIC

They are all the same species just variants, I see no reason why you can't mix them.

5. Haley Wolter

Thank you so much

6. HBIC

That's what we are here for :)