1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

can this be used in place of almond leaves

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by fishfirst, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fishfirst

fishfirst Thread Starter New Member

hi everyone i know i have not been on in a few. but i am back. the question i have is can i use Bigleaf Magnolia ( Magnolia macrophylla ) in my tanks? almond leaves are hard to come by and these look just like them. anyways let my know what you think.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've never heard of anyone use those in an aquarium. I even searched and couldn't come across anything so I'd stay away from them.

That being said, you can use oak and birch in your aquarium with no problem at all. Birch might look pretty cool.

3. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Never heard of this either, but then again I have never heard of Kettapang being hard to come by :)

4. James0816

James0816 New Member

Can't say that I've heard anyone using them either. I would go with Oak as well.