1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

cichlid babies!

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by logan mackrell, Feb 6, 2013.

1. logan mackrell

logan mackrell Thread Starter Member

well last week my red zebra spitted! ive counted 5 fry. they all have their own hiding spots in separate sections in the tank. rarely will they venture any further than a few inches from their shelter before getting spooked by the other tankmates. but day by day they get a little more cocky and courageous to explore their new home. havent found a succesful way to get food to them yet. so basically what i have been doing is feeding flake to the tank, because my fish love to spit it out into tiny pieces. my hope is that the fry can get these pieces. it really making my tank a mess. so any other methods are appreciated!:)

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Sounds like you are doing a great job, rearing babies can be extremely messy for the tank but the rewards are so great. Fingers crossed all your little guys and gals grow up strong and healthy :)

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the fry ! !