1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Cichlid Red Zebra

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by DarkDemolition, Sep 10, 2009.

1. DarkDemolition

DarkDemolition Thread Starter New Member

My red Zebra it's been acting funny,its been territorial and been chasing the reset of the other fish... Don't know its a normal thing but he/she been dugging up the rocks.. Let me know if you have any suggestions

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

could be a male just being territoral and establishing his "spot"?
    Just a guess though.

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

sounds normal to me. my red zebra (about 4") will chase/pick on my crabro (6") and any others when she chooses. could be a male trying to mate, my male socolofi has moved all of the gravel down to the glass in his log cave to get a female to come in and lay her eggs. hope this helps. it sounds like normal behavior to me.

4. DarkDemolition

that's great to know thanks hopefully I'll find a female .. id I can tell lol but .. I see what I can do .. thanks for the advice

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

if the aggression gets too bad when you do your next water change rearrange the decor, this will throw them off, kinda confuses them and they should calm down a bit.

6. DarkDemolition

I guess I'll be doing that .. thanks for the advice..