1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Classroom tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Ms. Wright, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Ms. Wright

Ms. Wright Thread Starter Member

Got the fishes ordered for the first graders, and I'm excited. Coming from Frybabies. A pair of Apisto. Hauswell, six cardinal tetras, and six Poecillus; little bumblebee cats. (some can move to the 55 here at home when they get bigger.
    Oh.,....and whilst I was Frybabying online, I got a herd of juvie Tropheus Ilangi.
    Early birthday gift to myself. ;)

2. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

ohh exciting, what size tank is it for the class room, lol you should start a lil saltwater tank and get a clownfish, first graders would go CRAZY of Nemo

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

i'd love to see photos once everythings in place!

4. BobV

BobV Member

You might do a bit of reading on tropheus. From what I know, they need to be in a big tank and overcrowded to lessen aggression.

5. Ms. Wright

The tropheus will be in my 150g here at home, and I'm getting 15-20 of them. :)

6. BobV

BobV Member

perfect

7. Ms. Wright

Sweet. After 39 years in the hobby, I appreciate the validation. :)

8. Ms. Wright

I'm sorry; didn't mean to be ugly. I guess people didn't know I had this big-ass tank here at home that's all Tanganyikan.
    And ain't that just a visual image, though; a big herd of Tropheus in a 10g tank. Wonder how long the glass would hold up? :)