1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Completely "True" Red Female Betta (Help with finding)

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by matrixmommy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Am I being too picky?

O I read your post on why you hate Petco and by the sounds of It I would just by the fish to get them the heck out of their lack of care.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Thought about it, but the price in meds would be 10x the cost of the fish! Plus I dont have 10,000 gallons to properly house all of them.... I felt bad for them all though!

I actually considered applying for a job there just to fix the tanks! Too bad they could never pay me more than my profession :confused:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would voluntary take care of the tanks, then we a buyer ask if you work there you can say, Heck no, I care to much about these fish to be an employee.

4. LemonDiscus

:) I was going to steal some of the water out of their tanks and then give them the sample and say something was wrong with my tank... here is a sample... whats wrong... (got that idea from Nelson) :)

I did not have anything to pull a sample with!

5. James0816

James0816 New Member

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

agreed. beautiful specimen of a betta

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Boy I wonder if they would even be able to test your water right.

8. LemonDiscus

It would be their water they would be testing

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ok no matter whos water it is would they even be able to do it right.

10. LemonDiscus

Probably not, but still... it would be funny if they were like, "your Nitrites and Ammonia levels are too high! How often do you do a water change" then have me respond back "That was your water!"

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

You could always buy a cheapo feeder fish or something (in essence you'd have their water right there in a bag)...have a pal and a baggy outside and pour a bit of water from the feeder fish bag..and wa laa...you have yourself a sample (and a feeder). Lol!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Then they would be like "Kinda sir you must be miss take our tanks are the best in the world, here let me prove it." then stick is hand in one of the tank and quick takes it out saying "It burns, me!"

13. LemonDiscus

I would not want the feeder... I would use it to throw it at the idiot who keeps the tanks! :)

Not a bad idea overall though!

14. matrixmommy

matrixmommy Thread Starter New Member

Hehe...James, I want that, only a female! LOL!

15. matrixmommy

matrixmommy Thread Starter New Member

I found a new pet store in my town (which was a huge surprise 'cuz my town is so tiny) that sells bettas and they are going to talk to their supplier when they make their next order (in two weeks) and see if they can get them a crimson female and/or a steel female! YAY! They also have an Eclipse 12 tank for $80 that I am going to get and divide for the two betta boys (Carlisle the cellophane and Jasper the crimson). The same tank is $130 at Petsmart! :O Oh, and they have a gorgeous blue and red double-tail male that I hope is still there next week (the lady thought he would be since they don't sell that many of them) 'cuz I want him really bad!