1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Completely "True" Red Female Betta (Help with finding)

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Betta Housing & Breeding (Advice)

HAHAHAHA, I did know a nurse, she and her husband use to rent from us. Sadly I have no way of contacting her, and it would be strange just to contact her for a urine cup, you know what the tiny tupperware sound way better then the little fish food thing I was going to use.

What are the common bettas you find in wal-mart or petsmart? and would they be a good place to start?

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

they're usually in poor quality and old.
    Most of them are crowntails (males).
    I'd look around, Petsmart...online..etc.
    Wal-mart would be the last place i'd resort to.

Ps. ya..I could see the crooked looks you'd get asking for one. Lol!

Larger food container would be sweet I'm sure!

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I know about wal-mart I would most likely buy them from petsmart then from wal-mart, would a petsmart one be good enough to just get my feet wet?

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

petsmart is great they have been so good to me ;) so i would start off at petsmart thats my opinion.....Writer *duck* im throwing a cream filled donut at dawn for shooting me :)

Scott

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

*smacks the other scott...not feeling good. not a good move in your part!*

Okay, Petsmart would be a good starting place. Be sure to hold the blue cup of wonder up to the light to check the quality..you want a healthy specimen.
    One that is moving around and not laying listless...one that does not have it's fins ripped/missing...body healthy and not covered with grainy spots, patches of fungus, etc...and lips (yes I called them lips)..not having anything protruding such as cottony stuff.

I'd buy a pair or two to start out..that way if it's not for you..the loses won't be substantial.

Good Luck! Keep me updated on how it goes!

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I know about checking them out be for buying them, it would be wise if the first ones I get to wet my feet die on me because of stupid buying.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i hear ya ... just shop wisely and have fun :D

Scott

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I will, I hope I can get it to work, one of the many things I need to work on tomorrow is cleaning my room to make my parent happier, plan out my tank set up, draw the blue prints out for them, make a supply list for the project, and figure out the cost of each tank.

Note: I may start a web site that I might put info on my breeding set up and may be even ofter these small tanks for sell online.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

-Good Luck!

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds great let me know how it works out!

Scott [bfish]