1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Coral frag help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Benji, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Benji

Benji Thread Starter New Member

I bought a leather finger coral frag for my 29gal biocube about 3days ago. It came with about 2 stalks on in one of them is nice and pinkish and has its arms extended and i can see polyps on it and the other is more purple and the arms only extend some times and i can see its polyps are not fully out it is the larger of the two and im wondering why one seems to be doing fine and the other isnt. there doesnt seem to be any damage to it and its not creating a waxy coat or anything. Both are on same rock so no diffrence in lighting or flow or anything. Also wondering if i should but any chemical additives like calcium or something else that could help with increased growth.ill pst a pic once i get my camera working with me.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

How long have you had it ?

You will likely have to dose with Calcium and other additives. You'll need a good Saltwater test kit to figure out what and how much you'll have to dose.