1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Corydoras ( cory catfish)

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by scottdrag, Jan 28, 2009.

1. scottdrag

scottdrag Thread Starter New Member

Corydoras ( cory catfish)
    Hi, all i was just wondering what kind or breed would be good to put in with endlers. Also open to other cleaner fish. I have noticed that my endlers miss alot of there food. Thanks in advance

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: Corydoras ( cory catfish)

Any should work from what I know about Cory cats. The main thing will be getting some that will work in the size tank you have. I say this all the time but Otto Cats are great. ;)

3. scottdrag

scottdrag Thread Starter New Member

i found out they are in a 20 high

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

otto cats do not work well in a heavily filtered tank, I found all three of the ones that I bought stuck in filter intakes :(

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Which is why I use a pre filter on the intake.

6. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Most corys would work pretty well with endlers. If you wanted to go with the kind of concept I went with and keep it a mini tank, you could always pick up some C.Habrosus or C.pygmaeus. Habrosus look like a regular cory but only get to one inch. Pygmaeus are more of a mid to bottom swimmer, and look similar to an otto.

7. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I have ottos.... mine dont get stuck..... BUT they have A LOT of space to move... I am filtering almost 10x so....

Ottos wont eat the leftover food... that will be for Corydoras

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I have corydoras with bristlenose plecos, siamese algae eaters, and now an otto with guppies & 2 endlers that I just picked up about a week ago. All are doing excellent.

9. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I have 3 plataeus As seen in my siggy,, they eat basicly everything thats ont he bottom I even catch them nipping at my plants once in a while I'd have to watch that closer though..