1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Danios and Golden White Clouds

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Wow, looks like I've started a nice little debate here. I'll have to figure something out soon, whether it's getting a couple more zebras or a couple more white clouds. I don't know, but it looks like the consensus is to get more white clouds. Thanks for all your input...

2. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

I've found that if I have an aggressive fish and I put one or two more of those fish in they just chase each other instead of my other fish. It worked with my Barbs... I'm not sure how Danios act in groups but its worth a try...

3. James0816

James0816 New Member

yep...barbs are the same way mainly the males though.

For the OP....add a couple more zebra's. Your minows will thank you for it.

;)

4. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Barbs seem to be the opposite. If you only have one they will chase all of your other fish. If you have 2 or more they seem to chase each other and leave the other fish alone... I'm not sure how Danios act in groups. I've never known them to be an aggressive fish...

5. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

When I had zebra danios in my very first aquarium. The pet store gave a discount when you bought groups of three because they are a schooling fish and they wanted to encourage people not to just have 1 or 2. I think I had 6 in my tank. They were a little aggressive but didn't really bother the other fish (sword tails/ mollies). IMO I would get 2 more zebra and maybe more white clouds (I don't really know much about white clouds)

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Golden White Clouds (Questions & Advice)

"GWCs" on their way

So I found a guy that is going to send me what he's calling Golden White Clouds. He had his son send me a few pictures but they were not clear at all. From what I saw they look like regular White Clouds to me. He said the flash washed out the yellow which I guess is possible. On Monday he'll be sending 20+ of them for me to check out. Hopefully they'll be what I'm looking for.

7. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Re: "GWCs" on their way

What are you going to do if they aren't the Goldens you want

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

If they're not what they're supposed to be he'll send me a return label and I'll just send them back to him. Who knows though, after receiving them even if they are normal White Clouds I may still like them and just decide to keep them or trade them in for store credit (assuming Pet Forum will take them).

9. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

Hey you could always use them as lawn fertilizer. LOL
    dead fish.gif

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

:) That's mean.

11. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

Hey you know I'm J/K. And I've been waiting to use that gif animation. It just cracks me up (guess I have a sick sense of humor)

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Well look like my fish are on hold until the guy can get some breather bags. :confused:

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Got an E-mail from this guy the other day saying he was going to "be looking into buying breather bags" this week. I didn't think this was going to be a month long process. :)

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I Just bought a few Golden White Clouds

I Just bought a few Golden White Clouds

I just bought a few of these at my lfs..something like 3 for $6?
    Beautiful coloration and extremely active! They tend to hang out near the upper levels of the tank (top) and would make great dither fish imo.

15. James0816

James0816 New Member

Re: I Just bought a few Golden White Clouds

Do you have any floaters in your tank? They absolutely love swimming through dense foliage. Looks kinda cool to watching them slowly come out in the open. Makes me think of the jaws music. ;o)

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Re: I Just bought a few Golden White Clouds

(If your referring to me) No, I don't have any floaters in the tank...I tried that and they would just blow down towards the substrate (the emperor creates quite a bit of movement at the far end of my tank).

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Glo Fish

Glo Fish

I went to my lfs and they are carrying GLo Fish (Zebra Danios injected with jellyfish plasma or something along those lines at the embryo stage).

Talk about sick, they are getting 7-8 bucks a piece for them and have 3 ten gallons overflowing with them...and have lunar lights (actinics) above their tank to make there "fake" coloration appear better.

Petsmart is carrying them also, but they have gone down in price to $4.99 (I guess they're catching slack over stocking them)?

haha! You know you love me guido..haha!
    ps. Your gonna be in that corner till your old and grey!

18. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Re: GLO FISH

Well atleast I'll make good friends in the corner and your left with nobody !

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I have my pets, so I'm good to go. Hahah!
    ps. without being allowed to talk it will be hard to make friends. hehe!
    Maybe I'll give you a get of out "corner" card for christmas. (Smirk)

20. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

You never said I wasnt allowed to talk!!

Be prepared for that christmas dawn!